trphyhntr

Whats the Worst Archery Antelope Hunt?

I had 3BN twice (2000 and 2006 I went 1 for 2). I would take the tag again. Seen a full size buck next to the armory all summer. There are a few good places to hunt without the chance of running into a meth lab. Coyotes have done a number on it. I would hunt areas that you can't drive to and stillhunt the cedars, that would eliminate most of your competitors and I would also check the north end of the unit by snowflake.

thanks for the info

There's some huge bucks in 3 b north.

Found one a friend killed that went 85.

It's been several years but you have to get in nice a close to the meth heads in that unit. Bulls also like the meth heads hang outs. Makes things interesting.

• Like 1

I think 5A would be tough with a bow. Some great bucks but very little contour or cover in a lot of it. Seems like a hard place to get in archery range. 3B North at least has stalkable areas where the goats hang out, just don't get too close to any "abandoned" trailers out there - they probably aren't.

• Like 1

Hunts over for me. Put on a lot of miles and a lot of hours behind the glass. Made a stalk everyday I hunted and twice on a couple days. Decoyed one group in only to miss a good buck due to grass and trouble with correct yardage from finder. Spot and stalk was way more productive. There was water all over the unit and a LOT of coyotes. The few people I talked with were friendly. Got some good info from guys on CWT. 

Harvested a 66" buck yesterday with a 55 yard shot after he bedding down. I learned getting to within a 150 yards is fairly easy and pretty tough getting within a 100 yards. These things would bed for up to an hour and then pop up again. I was solo and didn't get great pics but will post up later.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with that!!!  Great job!!!  Story with that hunt?????  Congrats

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CouesPursuit said:

WHALE, the archer that never goes home empty handed on the tough hunts! Congrats!

Thanks

Just dumb enough to keep at it till it works

lol

• Haha 1

Trying to shoot a speed goat with a bow is like trying to shoot a dove out of the air with a bb gun. Just saying

• Like 1