trphyhntr

Whats the Worst Archery Antelope Hunt?

Strip

i bet. but one that ended up being tied for the world record got killed off the strip

Didn't they transplant that buck from 19a the year before?

i know it was transplanted but not sure which unit. 19a sounds right

so they moved it there for the genetics or what? weird. then it gets smacked by a hunter before it can spread its genes. i wonder what that operation cost. i guess they got their money back since it was an auction tag

I think most of the antelope in that unit were transplants to start a new herd? I could be wrong. Makes me wonder how long genetics can carry quality. The antelope up here in ND are huge bodied and stand around in alfalfa and field peas up to their ribs all spring summer and fall yet seldom get over 70-75". Wonder if that same buck would be huge up here too? Maybe the forage is to much of a good thing here. The winter would prob kill them before you could find out.

just seems odd to transfer one thats world record size to me.

those winters are heck. i wouldnt want to be an animal up there.

It was -23 last night. I just looked out the picture window in my bedroom and there's a 140" whitetail laying in the moonlight in my soybean patch 80 yards from the house. It's cold up here but I love it!

post-2932-0-15823900-1453175754_thumb.jpg

See if you can spot him. Hint, his back is covered in snow and he's by that post.

• Like 3

21 can be pretty sucky for archery antelope and its not much of a drive.

a few guys I know have done pretty well. Got to be a phsyco though to hanle the heat.

It was hot last yr, don't think I will ever put in for that hunt again.

It was -23 last night. I just looked out the picture window in my bedroom and there's a 140" whitetail laying in the moonlight in my soybean patch 80 yards from the house. It's cold up here but I love it!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

See if you can spot him. Hint, his back is covered in snow and he's by that post.

all i got is a bum on a bicycle picking the cigarette butts out of the trash can by the tee box on the golf course behind my house.

• Like 1

Try units 10, 15a/15b,18a,18b, or the 19a early hunt for archery. You also might try 5b,7,9,17b,and 19b. I would put in for all of those units before 3bn if it were me. I went to unit 7 on an archery antelope hunt last year with a friend of mine. We saw quiet a few bucks and he got some shots. We also ran into rattlesnakes on the hunt but I'm sure a lot of the archery hunts have snakes. I stick to the rifle antelope hunts because I'm not a big fan of watching out for snakes every step. Good luck with whatever unit that you choose.

It was -23 last night. I just looked out the picture window in my bedroom and there's a 140" whitetail laying in the moonlight in my soybean patch 80 yards from the house. It's cold up here but I love it!attachicon.gifimage.jpg

all i got is a bum on a bicycle picking the cigarette butts out of the trash can by the tee box on the golf course behind my house.

My brother must have moved back to the East valley. :(

• Like 1

Yotebuster, this winter was killing Me I made it back down here to the desert. Wife is still up there and hating Me when it was -23 the other day. Today She said it got up to 20 and She didn't need gloves, it felt warm. I said if I don't find a great job here I will be back up in May. The oil field is gettin worse too. talked to old boss yesterday ,one comp. shut down 3 weeks ago and MBI layed off 50 guys the other day. Might not be no jobs by May. Stinken Arabs.............BOB!

Yotebuster, this winter was killing Me I made it back down here to the desert. Wife is still up there and hating Me when it was -23 the other day. Today She said it got up to 20 and She didn't need gloves, it felt warm. I said if I don't find a great job here I will be back up in May. The oil field is gettin worse too. talked to old boss yesterday ,one comp. shut down 3 weeks ago and MBI layed off 50 guys the other day. Might not be no jobs by May. Stinken Arabs.............BOB!

It's not the Arabs now. Opec did start this but China is crashing is.

Who ever, they are killing alot of our economy. More than people think. There is a big trickle down effect to many bussinesses........BOB!