Sign in to follow this  
goinhuntn

Who's in?

Got my dad & myself in for the draw, now let the waiting game begin!!

Hope my dad draws as he is gonna be 75 this year. Good luck everyone!!

good luck to you also the waiting game begins

I'm partially in, still deciding which elk hunt to try for, antelope I'm in on but know I have less than a 2% chance of drawing that so I'm not too flustered over that.

Elk on the other hand...it's my year

Elk?

We're in. After putting in for a late rifle hunt for myself and youth cows for the boys, I'm been consumed about the 'what ifs'. It would be our first elk hunt, and I'm trying to figure out all the gear I might need to replace.

For two days all thoughts have been spinning -Fixing up the bighorn, or I have to get an alaknak. Need some Vortex Kaibabs, maybe a new Viper scope for the 06. Is the 06 big enough? Maybe I need a 300 WSM. Does the truck need mud terrains? It'll be snowy and muddy. And cold! Do we all need new base layers? Ah crap all the sleeping bags suck. Wiggies.com? And I need a trailer- something that'll hold a polaris crew I hope. Ohhh I need a UTV..

It's kinda funny how this all starts.. but we go hunting as a family at least 5x a year and all of our gear is just thrashed. It's catching up to us.

• Like 3

Man, I just can't decide what to do with my elk app! Keep going back and forth. Lol

No expectations on antelope, so that app is easy.

Forlorn I'm with ya. Haven't been able to commit to cashing in my points yet or not. Plus waiting to see how much vacation time I'll have available this year from starting a new job. So many factors! Early season dates too..

Man, I just can't decide what to do with my elk app! Keep going back and forth. Lol

Go paper not electronic! :D

In!! Now, just gonna sit here and pull my hair out for the next few months. : )

I'm technically a non res even tho living here again. 2 points as non res ,I may as well just do points. I don't think theres a bull tag I could pull. Then next year 3 as res I can start dreaming again. I no one thing I aint waiting 18 year like last time. Will be 60 in Sept. may never see that tag if I wait that long. I will do archery or late rifle bull...........BOB!

I'm technically a non res even tho living here again. 2 points as non res ,I may as well just do points. I don't think theres a bull tag I could pull. Then next year 3 as res I can start dreaming again. I no one thing I aint waiting 18 year like last time. Will be 60 in Sept. may never see that tag if I wait that long. I will do archery or late rifle bull...........BOB!

Never understood why people just do points. Especially now that even nr can draw any tag. While you have a terrible chance of drawing a tag you still have more of a chance than buying a point.
  • Like 1

Never understood why people just do points. Especially now that even nr can draw any tag. While you have a terrible chance of drawing a tag you still have more of a chance than buying a point.

Shhhhhhhh, lol....

Maybee I don't wanna pay $700 for an elk tag this year. I did last year and a guide and moving back ,not worked in over a month. Catch My drift. I drew early bull in 96 with just 3 res. points so i know it can happen, so I'm not as dumb as You think....LOL..............BOB!

For me it was mainly because for the last 3 years I was putting my son in for some guaranteed hunts that I knew he would draw.

Living out of state and running my own business does make it slightly difficult to go out there twice for two separate hunts.