elkwalker

REWARD OFFERED- TRAIL CAM THIEF IN PIC- REWARD

Carp I don't need to cuss and act like a fool to be grown up. I see enough high school crybabies to see adults acting the same when they do. I just have the guts to say it.

What you think is litter is irrelevant wish. Go ask the Forrest service field officer.

reread your earlier post there coues. Trying to insult my integrity.

And desertbul seems enough money that people are willing to threaten people and possibly commit acts that end them up in jail. I know its mostly tough talk, still BS.

And desertbul seems enough money that people are willing to threaten people and possibly commit acts that end them up in jail. I know its mostly tough talk, still BS.

To me its the time invested and the pictures that are more valuable than the camera.

As far as the Forest Service.......screw them guys. I've never seen one of them on the outside of their green trucks unless its at the restaurant.

• Like 3

Douche and Douche

James

Thieves suck, and TCs suck...... Not sure what to think. Guess if you find him and kick his arse... You win.... If he gets away with it then I guess he wins...

Who am I kidding, thieves suck worse..... Kick his a$$

No matter how any of us feel about trail cams, tree stands, blinds, etc. If it's not yours, leave them alone. End of story. The guy in the photos may be within his right (legally) but he's still a piece of work.

• Like 5

QHunterAZ,

Regardless of what the law says, I have a hard time believing if someone took your property you would just shrug it off. What's the difference of you parking your truck off of a road, locking it and then coming back to it being stolen. Pretty sure you would be ticked! It almost seem's like you know the thief in this case and are trying to defend his actions! I'm probably wrong but that's how you come off. Respect goes along ways!

• Like 5

Here is my retort. First of let's look at the term abandoned. According to the dictionary: no longer held or thought of : given up.

​Now let's look at the forest service rules and regs: Nothing about not being able to use game cameras under the national rules, certain forest districts can have their special orders. The 72 hour rule applies to blinds and stands. Now under the 72 hour rule it says such property can be seized after 72 hours of no use, by the way the game cameras are still in use so the 72 hour rule doesn't apply. So let's go to the dictionary again for seize: to use legal or official power to take (something)

So if I put out a game cam it is being used with the purpose of returning to get pictures so it is not abandoned. The forest service has no rules on using them, there are rules about not cutting or damaging trees however. So the FS can't seize them if you are not breaking any rules of damaging trees by putting them out.

Now let's go to the dictionary again, hey you told us to read after all. To steal:

• to take (something that does not belong to you) in a way that is wrong or illegal

• : to take (something that you are not supposed to have) without asking for permission

• : to wrongly take and use (another person's idea, words, etc.)

So these are thieves. Trail camera thieves. Now these thieves think they can do what they want without punishment. So if I am putting out trail cams in areas they might be stolen I have about 20 decoys I put out first. These "decoys" cost me about the same amount of 2 game cameras. These have non-lethal means that will scare the heck out of someone messing with the "cameras" and only cost me about 10 bucks each to make. When you open the door to some cameras a woman's vibrating egg is in a gourd with BB's that sounds like a rattle snake with flying spring loaded snakes flying out. There is also a note that says "Ha Ha you found 1 of 20 go find the others".

Now on some I wrap a garden hose around the cable with the lock inside the box. If they want to use bolt cutters to cut the cable I have wired in parallel the + and - leads from an electric fence into the garden hose hooked to a 12 volt battery. Won't kill them but sure makes a nasty spark and it will shock the crap out of you if not using insulated tools. And wiring in parallel if you cut one wire there are more inside so it still works.

Hiding about 20 rat traps in the way you might approach a camera. Hurts like heck if snapped on a foot. Just some ideas but not all I have in the bag of tricks.

So it is time these thieves find easier pickings and I make sure I give them something to think about. I am not worried at all if somebody complains to LE about the decoy cameras. First they have to prove they are mine and second and the most important that people forget about. I don't have to talk to LE. People think they do but there is something called the 5th amendment of the US Constitution. Read it and you will understand.

• Like 8

^ And the complainant had no legal right to be messing with your decoys, and get the crap scared out of them in the first place.

Dumb...this whole thread is just dumb...i am amazed at the stupidity on both sides of the argument.

• Like 2

I believe you gentlemen are feeding the troll. I think the term "you can't fix stupid" should be applied here.

As far as the bandit, any updates on anybody recognizing him?

• Like 3