elkwalker

REWARD OFFERED- TRAIL CAM THIEF IN PIC- REWARD

Yes, we need specific regulations on cameras just like drones. A license, a tax, some regulations, a dept. of officers, and a fine for molesting properly licensed and permitted said camera. LOL

This should clear it up

Arizona Law

13-1802. Theft; classification; definitions

A. A person commits theft if, without lawful authority, the person knowingly:

1. Controls property of another with the intent to deprive the other person of such property; or

2. Converts for an unauthorized term or use services or property of another entrusted to the defendant or placed in the defendant's possession for a limited, authorized term or use; or

3. Obtains services or property of another by means of any material misrepresentation with intent to deprive the other person of such property or services; or

4. Comes into control of lost, mislaid or misdelivered property of another under circumstances providing means of inquiry as to the true owner and appropriates such property to the person's own or another's use without reasonable efforts to notify the true owner; or

5. Controls property of another knowing or having reason to know that the property was stolen; or

6. Obtains services known to the defendant to be available only for compensation without paying or an agreement to pay the compensation or diverts another's services to the person's own or another's benefit without authority to do so; or

7. Controls the ferrous metal or nonferrous metal of another with the intent to deprive the other person of the metal; or

8. Controls the ferrous metal or nonferrous metal of another knowing or having reason to know that the metal was stolen; or

9. Purchases within the scope of the ordinary course of business the ferrous metal or nonferrous metal of another person knowing that the metal was stolen.

Simple Solution .. Outlaw trail cams on public lands ... Nothing for thieves to steal and No more whining from those who knowingly leave their personal property out unattended for long periods of time on public land. The scum bags are never going away, and have been around long enough taking cams that any reasonable person would understand the risk and figure it in to the cost of doing business. Just because I am not empathetic to the whiners , does not mean I condone or agree with the scum bag thief... but if anyone is conditioning these worthless scum , it is the guys leaving expensive personal belongings like cams out for them to take.

• Like 1

Str8Shot,

Your solution sounds a lot like the lefts answer to gun violence. Clearly the cameras are the problem, not the thieves. It's obvious, you don't like cameras. We get that. You (and a couple others) are the only ones that beat that horse. Right now they're legal and if any specific district does have regulations on them, they're too vague for a literal guy like yourself to care so much. Go hunting, bud.

• Like 8

Its a gosh dang camera, its not a felony to hang one on a tree. Hanging one is the chance you take with todays society. Someone who takes one is a thief, bottom line. Maybe its ok to pick up generators at well sites , or troughs for scrap metal. Some dumb shmuck left them there, so go ahead and help yourself. ?.........??.......post-8438-0-02165400-1454720675.gif

• Like 3

Im too lazy to read, so can someone tell me then why (animal) traps are not abandoned and game cameras are? LE agencies use game careas too, and if it is taken, it is considered stolen. I know people who would put things such as "if found return to ...". That doesn't seem or sound abandoned.

However, we all know it happens and shouldn't be surprised when it does. But it doesn't make it right.

Im too lazy to read, so can someone tell me then why (animal) traps are not abandoned and game cameras are? LE agencies use game careas too, and if it is taken, it is considered stolen. I know people who would put things such as "if found return to ...". That doesn't seem or sound abandoned.

However, we all know it happens and shouldn't be surprised when it does. But it doesn't make it right.

There are Rule regulating traps and trapping, the one Big one is that the Trapper Must inspect Traps Daily ... If you have ever seen Game Cameras From G&F or NFS you will see them in Steel Boxes Clearly Labeled as State or Govt. Property ... They are often on posts in plain sight and I have yet to see a single one bolted to a live tree, if they are on a tree they are strapped. I am sure plenty of douche bags vandalize them as well, the Difference being, we all get to pay to replace them... I am not saying they are not thieves, or people just picking up litter... I am saying that any individual making the economic decision to leave their own private property unattended on public land should account for the possibility of such douche bags and not whine when they disappear. Heck, even the days where you can leave much behind at a camp seems to be long past. We often bring a camp troll , or secure and lock everything of value when leaving camp. It did not use to be that way and sucks that so many douche bags exist and are out looking to take advantages of hard working people, but that is the reality.

You know str 8 if you guys didn't post on these threads they would not run on forever. All you have to do is not read them if your tired of hearing it.

• Like 4

There are Rule regulating traps and trapping, the one Big one is that the Trapper Must inspect Traps Daily ... If you have ever seen Game Cameras From G&F or NFS you will see them in Steel Boxes Clearly Labeled as State or Govt. Property ... They are often on posts in plain sight and I have yet to see a single one bolted to a live tree, if they are on a tree they are strapped. I am sure plenty of douche bags vandalize them as well, the Difference being, we all get to pay to replace them... I am not saying they are not thieves, or people just picking up litter... I am saying that any individual making the economic decision to leave their own private property unattended on public land should account for the possibility of such douche bags and not whine when they disappear. Heck, even the days where you can leave much behind at a camp seems to be long past. We often bring a camp troll , or secure and lock everything of value when leaving camp. It did not use to be that way and sucks that so many douche bags exist and are out looking to take advantages of hard working people, but that is the reality.

CJohnson ... You, and anyone thinking like you, can not get any Dumber when facts and common sense are beyond your logic and comprehension... please point out anything inaccurate in the post you quoted ... I am sure with your dumb logic, you will try to find a way ... should get interesting since the best you can come up with is an inaccurate rebuttal with a Billy Madison clip... You, SIR, receive NO POINTS and may the devil have mercy on your SOUL !

If you look closely at the second picture, it's pretty easy to identify the guy.

post-63-0-60277100-1455054708.png

• Like 7

Boy do we need the the elk hits threads to start because you guys have way to much time on your hands lol. Including me because I wasted 5 minutes of my life on it and even posted lol

• Like 1

Guest wdenike

You know str 8 if you guys didn't post on these threads they would not run on forever. All you have to do is not read them if your tired of hearing it.

Na, Jim you got it all wrong. What we really need is another secret place that requires a password to get in. ROFLMAO!!!!

Take care, Willie

• Like 1