Sign in to follow this  
azdesert rat

pack suggestions?

So im a real small framed guy aka skinny and for a hunting pack i like a pack thats narower than i am so its not hanging on everything but the pack i have doesn't expand enough to pack a deer and its to small to lash to, ive already got a good load hauling pack what im looking for is something narrow and smallish but would expand enough to pack out say the hinde quarters off a deer, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Not cheap but look at the Mystery Ranch Metcalf. It comes in a small and is highly compressible for day hunting but can expand and carry a lot weight.

I have a kuiu that is small and light weight great thing is you can change out the bags on them for big stuff I like me kifaru good luck

Not sure how skinny but I have a 32" waist and have had no issues with the eberlestock X2.

• Like 1

I have a Kifaru bikini with a nomad bag. When I'm using it as a day pack it's very narrow. Narrow enough to draw and shoot a bow.

Eberlestock X2...newer one with aluminum frame...less than $200.

Check out a Kifaru! Made in USA to order. They have multiple size waist belts and will adjust your pack to fit you. Best pack suspension you can buy IMO. I'm also pretty skinny and have great fit on both of my Kifaru packs. I have a Late Season and a Duplex Frame w/Cargo Panel set up. Both can carry more than I want to with as much comfort as you can ask for in a pack.

• Like 1

I try not to restrict myself to mutch on budget buy once cry once, i had looked at kuiu but thats why i decided to ask everyone here becalse personal experience is mutch better than sales page info and for higher end packs i think its pretty mutch imposible to finde a store that carries all of em. For some reason i completely spaced eberlystock but i might just have to go take a look at that metcalf, yea i saw the ones in the clasifieds but i dont want to make a rush decision ive got plenty of time to look before i choose, i hang right around 30-32 i dont have a problem with fit its the pack size i like real narrow packs, ive looked at kifuru befor to they just seemed a little wider than id like, like i said ive got plenty of time to finde a pack that works best for what i need but i realy apriciate all the suggestions there are some packs and brands i hadnt thalt to look into