firstcoueswas80

what are you guys doing?

I have been hiking alot on the weekends, but now I will start hitting north mountain at least three times a week with a full pack. I time myself each time and always try to beat it. I did this for my 2005 elk hunt and dropped 20 pounds in a month and a half. I also have a treadmill in the garage for the days I miss. David

Hey David......you think I can fit in your pack? If you carry me up and down North Mtn., I could say I hiked North Mtn. also :P

Hey Casey, you are a freakin animal.....it definitely surprised me at how well you carry your fat a$$ up them hills! The thing is, I will have seen all the deer we passed on the way up, as you are busy tryin' to beat me to the top! :lol: ;)

THem 12oz curls have been my downfall all summer! It's soda though....Mountain Dew to be exact.......I love it! I quit drinkin' for about 3 weeks now but have had 4 sodas since I quit :ph34r: I've been tearin' up the elyptical (sp?) machine here at the house every day, but I usually just get in shape while scouting. I'm out there for several weeks straight before the season starts so by then I'm ready to go anyways ;) JIM>

Good Birthday card of you and your Pop. :D

I have been hiking alot on the weekends, but now I will start hitting north mountain at least three times a week with a full pack. I time myself each time and always try to beat it. I did this for my 2005 elk hunt and dropped 20 pounds in a month and a half. I also have a treadmill in the garage for the days I miss. David

Hey David......you think I can fit in your pack? If you carry me up and down North Mtn., I could say I hiked North Mtn. also :P

Hey Casey, you are a freakin animal.....it definitely surprised me at how well you carry your fat a$$ up them hills! The thing is, I will have seen all the deer we passed on the way up, as you are busy tryin' to beat me to the top! :lol: ;)

Well, ill see the one little fork that is at the top atleast :D

Im not a fat @$$( ok yeah i am ) and that was nothing, shoulda seen me when i was 17! i used to run the hills! dang what i would give to be in football shape again!

THem 12oz curls have been my downfall all summer! It's soda though....Mountain Dew to be exact.......I love it! I quit drinkin' for about 3 weeks now but have had 4 sodas since I quit :ph34r: I've been tearin' up the elyptical (sp?) machine here at the house every day, but I usually just get in shape while scouting. I'm out there for several weeks straight before the season starts so by then I'm ready to go anyways ;) JIM>

Good Birthday card of you and your Pop. :D

Thanks tjhunt2 ;) we all hung out with Pops today....good times ;)

I gave up the 12oz curls long ago, haven't had a soda in a few months. I used to alternate running 5 miles and biking but now I am limited to just biking, looks like another knee surgery is in the horizon but I'm trying to make it till April so perhaps you will be able to keep up with this old man Casey :lol:

I just broke down and bought a trail cam and have a spot quite a ways back in the boonies I want to place it (no I'm not telling you Casey) gonna pack in a trace mineral block so I will get some pack time in.

I've had some major trama to my body and if I want to be able to move around ok I have to exercise all year round.

Running 3-4 times a week, anywhere from 3-4.5 miles depending on if I run on the treadmill or outside. Also hitting the weights a couple of times a week and have just started hiking with a ~30 lb pack for 30-40 mins a couple of times a week. Hoping to do some more hiking while scouting here the next few weeks.

Well besides chasing Gino's a$$ up and down the mountains every weekend I ride the good ole

bicycle anywhere from 7-9 miles and I do that 3-4 times a week. I also cut back on drinking any sodas

as well. I also started eating subway for lunch instead of those Big delicious double bacon cheese burgers

with an extra large fry :( focus :blink: :blink: focus :blink:

[

Im not a fat @$$( ok yeah i am ) and that was nothing, shoulda seen me when i was 17! i used to run the hills! dang what i would give to be in football shape again!

No one will listen but here is what I've learned over the years of not taking care of myself.

Azpackhorse.....Talk about trama, now I can't run but have to walk for exercise because of a titaniun plate in my neck, recent rotator cup surgery, over weight, and NOT LISTENING to my elders. :unsure:

Casey ...........them football shape days are over and will distance themselves quickly :huh: .....stay after it.

Ron G..........sounds like you're on track :rolleyes:

David....keep the dust off the treadmill :P

Jim....elyptical is the way to go....just started myself......let Casey beat you to the top just to let him think he can :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tj, brian has had a different kind of trauma.. and it was pretty serious! that summa bitch can hike though! when we hunt im "hiking" hes on a sunday stroll smelling the flowers like its nothing!

and Jim didnt "let me" I flat out passed him :D thats why him and christian put rocks in my pack!

Tj, brian has had a different kind of trauma.. and it was pretty serious! that summa bitch can hike though! when we hunt im "hiking" hes on a sunday stroll smelling the flowers like its nothing!

and Jim didnt "let me" I flat out passed him :D thats why him and christian put rocks in my pack!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P ;)

I ride an elliptical 5 days a week for 45-60 min. with a 25 pound pack on my back. On Saturday morning, I'll head down to the track and do a warm up mile, jog 4 miles and then walk a cool down mile. Sunday is a rest day. It works really well. I've been doing this for a long time and every time(18 months) I get into the hills and start haulin' a mountain, I can tell I'm in great shape. Both lungs and legs. There have been times that my resting heart rate has been into the mid to upper 40's. Usually early in the morning before I roll out of bed.

I especially like the elliptical because you get a great workout and it doesn't pound away at your joints.

Casey, it sounds like you have a good thing going for you. You also sound like a big ol' boy too. IMO, I would be careful running or jogging with a pack on your back. It doesn't take much to get your discs out of align, rupture one of them or start having wearing on your knees. To me, it seems like a lot of jarring could be occuring on your joints and your back. Be careful if you're gonna keep doing that. I know you're young, but it doesn't take much to start wearing those joints down and you definitly don't want to be sidelined for your upcoming Dec. Coues deer hunt. Hope it keeps working out for you. Good Luck. :) :)

I drink all the coffee I can and eat mexican food everyday, seems to work for me. 185lbs of lean huntin mo-chine.

Well I get paid to work out believe it or not!

I work at Sky Harbor Airport and 3 nights a week I climb up and down the 12 story parking garage stairs and run around the top story in between each set.

I have also cut back from 8-12 Dr Peppers a day to 2-3. I'm eating fruit every day. I'm still drinking my share of silver bullets!

I'm running the 1/2 Rock n Roll marathon in Jan.

Good luck this season. ;)

Casey, it sounds like you have a good thing going for you. You also sound like a big ol' boy too. IMO, I would be careful running or jogging with a pack on your back. It doesn't take much to get your discs out of align, rupture one of them or start having wearing on your knees. To me, it seems like a lot of jarring could be occuring on your joints and your back. Be careful if you're gonna keep doing that. I know you're young, but it doesn't take much to start wearing those joints down and you definitly don't want to be sidelined for your upcoming Dec. Coues deer hunt. Hope it keeps working out for you. Good Luck. :) :)

I'm 6'3 260 lbs. I played football for 6 years, was a catcher/first baseman in baseball for 13 years. If that didnt mess up my back and knees ( believe me, squatting 450 lbs will do that) then nothing will sideline me! my back does give me problems sometimes, but i listen to my body and do what it is telling me!

I get in shape the traditional new mexican way: I turn on a hunting show and do lunges from the easy chair to the fridge and back again, every commercial. oh and I carry chip bags and soda pop to strengthen my massive back even more.

Sometimes when I am feeling especially good, I put my hunting boots on and do my lunges that way. I tried doing it with my badlands 2800, but it was too heavy, especially after I put the corn chips and soda pop in it! Had to leave that sucker laying on the floor in the kitchen and just get the chips out of it on commercial breaks and drink the pops until it was empty and then I just drug it back to the easy chair!! :lol: ag