Sign in to follow this  
sherman

Bird dog help please

I would for sure get a Brittany for our area. Not sure how many if any other dogs you have bud. But if you have others it's hard to just pick one dog to train and leave the rest behind and it's hard if the others are older and already have bad habits. AND! It's especially hard if momma has different training methods than you do while your at work. It doesn't take much to mess up a good dog

• Like 1

i bet if you got a nice brittany she would like it so much she wouldnt let you take it hunting

2m7yg0h.jpg

yep

Brittanys are so smart they'll train you on how to train them. And they make Great family dogs. Now grow a pair and go get one. Trust me the wife and kids will love it.

Why would anyone ever buy a bird dog? Just do what I did, get a brother in law who gets a bird dog. Then you lose a sister and gain a dog.

Seriously though, Brittanys have lots of energy for being in the house all the time. If you get that kind of dog make sure you are committed to getting it the exercise it needs.

Get a puppy. The best training is exposure. Find a friend that has a bird dog and take your dog with them. Get the dog in the field period. I recommend a Brittany however there are plenty of breeds to choose from. Do your homework on the breed, the breeder, and training techniques. Yes bird dogs have lots of energy however I Find Brittanys (at least the ones that I know) know to turn it off in the house.

Good luck. If you have any questions PM any of us that have bird dogs. We will try and help. Talk to Jones he will help. And of course if you need a Brittany I can point you in the right direction.

• Like 1

Get a puppy. The best training is exposure. Find a friend that has a bird dog and take your dog with them. Get the dog in the field period. I recommend a Brittany however there are plenty of breeds to choose from. Do your homework on the breed, the breeder, and training techniques. Yes bird dogs have lots of energy however I Find Brittanys (at least the ones that I know) know to turn it off in the house.

Good luck. If you have any questions PM any of us that have bird dogs. We will try and help. Talk to Jones he will help. And of course if you need a Brittany I can point you in the right direction.

Thanks I will definitely let you know I don't know where to start or what is a going price for a Brittany. I just know I hunt alone a lot and a dog would be a good companion Jones Brit reminded of my Springer i had for 18 years

Thanks I will definitely let you know I don't know where to start or what is a going price for a Brittany. I just know I hunt alone a lot and a dog would be a good companion Jones Brit reminded of my Springer i had for 18 years
Going rate depends on if you go with a backyard breeder or a reputable breeder. I've seen them go from $600 to $1500. There is a breeder in showlow that tries to sell their britts for $1400! Don't go with them. PM me for the name of them.

K Nine bird dogs who I work with closely has great dogs and is very helpful with training. I know a few guys on this forum can back me on that.

There are a few other breeders I can recommend once you decided on what to do.

Going rate depends on if you go with a backyard breeder or a reputable breeder. I've seen them go from $600 to $1500. There is a breeder in showlow that tries to sell their britts for $1400! Don't go with them. PM me for the name of them.

K Nine bird dogs who I work with closely has great dogs and is very helpful with training. I know a few guys on this forum can back me on that.

Male or female

Male or female

It's all your preference.

Haha, yeah it was just a poke. I have heard it all my life, no more dogs, but for some reason, there is something about a puppy that melts a woman's heart. Maybe it's the puppy breath...