pstrman

Bonus points

Can anyone explain why we are only allowed to get bonus points during the application process and not any time? I would think that they would like the cash any time. Still only bring able to buy 1 per species. Just wondering.

I think you should be able to buy one any time. We can only buy 1 per any way. I don't get it.

They should scrap the entire bonus point system and do what Idaho and NM do.

Blasphemy!!!! I HATE the no point system. Every year dumping my money in the toilet with no more hope the next year to show for it.

Seriously, I will fight you in the street if you try to get momentum behind that in our state. Such a frustrating system.

• Like 7

Our system isn't to bad, but they should give you the flexibility to buy a points for 5-6 months like Wyoming does. What about the guys that forget to put in or didn't have the $ at the time. G & F coulmake a little more $ that way to probly. And charge a little more if You buy it later........BOB!

I like Nevada's squared points system. Seems to be the best to me. Anyone can draw, but your chance of being drawn goes up significantly every year. Frustrating sitting at nearly 20bp for lope and still only having a 1-2% greater chance of being drawn than somebody with zero

• Like 3

The BP system is a freaking joke

If you want to have a point system then there should not be any set aside for point holders. One draw. One app number for each point.

I say go back to the old system and make you put your money out for months and eliminate the I'll pay if I get a tag . And the non committed would not put in.

• Like 4

No I put in for elk, but forgot to buy points for antelope, sheep. I don't have a problem with the system just wish we had more time to buy them

No matter what the rule is d-------ts will mess up. Why don't we have a rule that d------ts have a tattoo on their forehead and then they can get special treatment. :wacko:

• Like 1

Our system isn't to bad, but they should give you the flexibility to buy a points for 5-6 months like Wyoming does. What about the guys that forget to put in or didn't have the $ at the time. G & F coulmake a little more $ that way to probly. And charge a little more if You buy it later........BOB!

This is actually the only state that I've ever missed a year on. I HATED that they make you buy points in the late summer/fall. It's a busy time and I forgot one year and am now one point behind max for elk. HUGE mistake. If they would've had the option to buy the point in the spring when all the other draws are going I would NEVER have forgotten. I now only put in for tags so it's in the spring but when I was in college I missed one dang year because I didn't want to draw and waited to buy a point in the fall. Anyhow I know it's my fault but its the one and only state that does that and I think it really confuses things.

• Like 1