Coueshunter77

Bino harness

I have had a number and all have their issues, there does not seem to be a perfect answer. I will try the Badlands next as well, at least it is closed and the binos seem easy to remove for use. I currently have the Kuiu one and it has little pockets on the side but it still seems to pull on my neck more than just the suspender type. There are a few others that look good but I would give the Badlands a go.

I've settled on the Rick young Harness accompanied by the bino shield by crooked horn outfitters. So simple and effective. I prefer it over any of the bulky harnesses I've tried like the badlands and it's way superior to the old crooked horn Harness in every way.

• Like 1

look at FHF gear. they are really good, probably the best. i currently run a badlands, which i really like. Alaskan guide creations makes a good one as well.

+1 for Badlands. I've been using it for a few years now. Holds and protects the binos very well, and I love the quick and easy magnetic closure. It also has room for a few small items like my smart phone.

Alaska Guide Creations or FHF would be my suggestion. I recently upgraded my harness and now run a AGC K.I.S.S. model (with MAX pocket on bottom). It is AGC's most compact model they offer. I love it, keeps the binos 100% covered. Which is a plus for me, because I hate getting my binos all dusty. Check em out...

I've tried them all and have come to the conclusion that I don't like all the bulk on my chest.

I've gone back to the basics with the crooked horn harness with the bino shield.

I have beaten the he!! out of my badlands. Its the large style but I pack my 10s in it. The big inner pouch holds my wallet and cell phone. small one holds my single truck key. I have hill billy rigged a hook on my range finder that allows it to clip on the right side on top for easy access. My wind powder fits in one of the outside pouches. There is also a little spot on top for my javi call to slide into. Plus the bladder thing on the back comes in handy for water or other small stuff if you arent carrying a pack. Plus the little bow clip for quick glassing, phone call etc.

I've been very happy with the badlands if you want full containment and a few extra pockets for things, My problem is that I am predominantly a bow hunter and it is just a little too bulky for archery. IMO...

I run the KUIU for archery, it is slim, not fully contained and the pockets are minimal.

+1 for Badlands. If you ride a quad or UTV, dust is a concern...get a fully enclosed unit. It is a little bulky on the chest, but not bad. I have Leica Trinovid 12x50 in mine and still have room inside for lens pen, lens cleaning pads, license, small map, etc...

• Like 1

Jmy next purchase will be the FHF as well, looks great.