Sign in to follow this  
MuggyMan

shopping for used truck

My 17 year old son totalled the SUV. Now I have the green light to buy a real truck.

Anyone here have any experience buying from Truckmax?

Seems I remember there was a CWT member who sold trucks in Mesa. If you read this please contact me.

Looking for lifted, 4WD, gas, not diesel. Any advice appreciated.

Oh, my son is OK. Hope he likes walking.

• Like 2

On my second dodge 1500. Put 260K on my first. Wanted to keep it but the appeal of a 4x4 and 4 full doors pushed me over the edge.

first was a 2001, the current is a 2005. Sure footed 4x4. ive been impressed.

Cant go wrong with a ford 3/4 ton gasoline. You probably wont need a lift as it is not as low a a 1/2 ton and will tow or haul anything that is resonable size. Brakes are large as is the rear diff. and they seem to hold up well. I reccomend having a independent inspection done by a shop you trust. I own a shop in gilbert and we do it for $37.50. mon-fri 8-5 hours. Or you can go to a dealership of the brand you chooose and ask them to perform inspection they usually do it for a fair price and give you a full estimate of repair.

Conaway Auto LLC

602-505-5944

• Like 1

I'm looking too. Kind of stuck on Chevy's. This will be #4 for me! Was thinking new, but they tend to exaggerate (spelling?) on the mpg for the new ones.

Checkout www.kemptonchevrolet.com in Safford. 928-792-4773 I have bought 5 vehicles from Dan Klonts there. He is a no pressure straight shooting guy.

If he doesn't have what you want in stock he can get it at auction. He will deliver to Phoenix if necessary.

Checkout www.kemptonchevrolet.com in Safford. 928-792-4773 I have bought 5 vehicles from Dan Klonts there. He is a no pressure straight shooting guy.

If he doesn't have what you want in stock he can get it at auction. He will deliver to Phoenix if necessary.

good info! And they can sell you a ring too at the jewelry shop. Is that still there? Kemptons sells a lot of trucks. Not the biggest in AZ but for sure worth a look.

Loved Loved Loved my Tundra! Sequoia now but if i could have afforded a new Tundra i would have never changed

8 months with my new tundra and can't complain and resale value is always good. good luck

To bad your not looking for a diesel, I have a Dodge and Chevy for sale, both crew cab 4x4.