We finally have our well on the 40 acres we will be building a home on. The well is putting out an unbelievable about of water. The driller tells me it's in the vicinity of 100 gpm. So it's time to start breaking ground and going up with the house. I'm not using a general contractor so anyone out there with any skills at home building want to offer your help, we can glass Coues deer in the mornings and build during the day. Here are some photos from yesterday at the property. The mountains in the background hold Coues deer.

Drillingonthe40XI.jpg

Drillingonthe40VII.jpg

Drillingonthe40V.jpg

Drillingonthe40IX.jpg

Beautiful looking country Scott. Is that up off the highway headed towards Mule Creek, NM from Morenci?

Country looks really familiar and beautiful. I have taken a decent coues buck in those hills in the very far back. That's been a few years though. Congratulations on your move!

Whooooeeeeee Scott, Congratulations on the first step. Enjoy the rest when you can!

Maybe you can have a class on glassing, and the fee is a day's work on your house! :rolleyes:

You will find it rewarding to build your own home I am sure!

I'd love to help but am working so many hours on my job right now I have trouble keeping up at my wyoming home. Now to make things more challenging, We have bought a 2nd house to avoid a 200 mile daily commute (I'll use during the week and avoid the long commute).

If I start working less than 60 hour weeks, I will have plenty to do in the evenings on one house and honey-do's on the main one during the weekend.

Later

Wow that is beautiful. I would consider it a privilege to spend a day working up there, I am a plumbing contractor and could maybe hook you up with something. Are you using any trade contractors? How big is the house? Send me a PM and maybe we can work something out.

That is awesome! i would help... but i think i might have to stay cause i would love it so much!

And we all know you cant afford to keep me around when it comes to dinner time!

That is some nice looking country you are building on. Congratulation on starting a new home and I really don't have any skills of any kind but will wish you and the misses well and good luck with the house. Thanks for sharing them great pictures. :)

Scott,

You will have a beautiful view out of the living room window. It sure has greened up nice. I think that rainbow leads to a pot -o-coues. How deep did the well need to be drilled?

Doug~RR

Scott,

Are you building on a concrete slab, piers, concrete or block stem walls? What is your basic construction gonna be -- block, wood framing with siding, wood framing with stucco, etc.? -TONY

I don't see any pics but it sounds beautiful! I would love to help you out but for the safety of you and your family I should probably stay as far away as possible. :lol: I don't know to much about building homes but I wish you the best.

Thanks guys.

Effenjeff, it's in that general vicinity but you can't get to it from the Mule Creek road. I'm about 6 miles west of there. You access it from Skyline View road through Lomo Linda and up Rattlesnake Road. My property ends where Forest Service Road 215 begins.

Grizzly, I'll send you a PM.

Doug, the well is 400 ft. We hit the first water at 240 ft. (5 gpm) and the really good source at 320 ft. By the way Doug there are lots of Gambel quail on and around the place and even a few Mearns, but for really good Mearns we would need to go up on top where the Coues live.

Tony, it will be a wood frame using Post and Beam type construction. We will probably stucco the outside and install a metal roof. I was going to build a daylight basement but with the cost of concrete being what it is and the fact that I can get my lumber at wholesale cost I'm going to go with a concrete slab and then build it 2 story. Probably between 2500 and 3000 square feet. It will be more like a log cabin with the prow design with a wall of glass facing the mountains.

Tony, it will be a wood frame using Post and Beam type construction. We will probably stucco the outside and install a metal roof. I was going to build a daylight basement but with the cost of concrete being what it is and the fact that I can get my lumber at wholesale cost I'm going to go with a concrete slab and then build it 2 story. Probably between 2500 and 3000 square feet. It will be more like a log cabin with the prow design with a wall of glass facing the mountains.

Sounds good. Are you having someone draw up official plans or are you working like I do -- rough sketch, mostly in my head? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I would be glad to come help out with the rough framing if I'm around when you do it. I was involved with building $300K homes during the winter months in Colorado when I lived there, and I have a good assortment of tools, including pneumatic nailers/staplers, worm-drive Skill saw, etc. -TONY