mattys281

Who skipped the draw this year? why???

With all the excitement of people getting their results, I'm a little jealous, but since I sat it out this year I cant really complain.

Im wondering who else bought bonus points and what is it thats keeping you out of the woods?

Im heading to Colorado with a friend/customer to do an otc elk hunt in october and have a family vacation to road trip out to my buddies wedding in September so I have no vacation time left to spend here in az.

• Like 1

OTC Colorado vs Arizona. I hope he is an important customer!

His company is the best one I have, and a good friend too. We've been talking about that hunt for about 5 years now, and since he retired this year and is getting up into his 60's, I figured better now than later.

• Like 2

I applied but for tags I knew I probably wouldn't draw, knowing that I wanted a later archery tag next year.

Now I am hating life.

• Like 1

I saw one guy on here skipped this year because of the early dates of the September archery bull hunts. I doubt that too many skipped because they thought the antler growth would be not as good, because the winter started good. There now might be a few that are worried how the antlers will turn out. I believe we're a little below average on precipitation but it's not way below average. I know I would have taken a tag this year if I would have got one.

I'm going to Hawaii the first two weeks of September.

I hear theres some pretty good 1-2 day hog hunts over there. That might not be a bad trip, send the wife to the spa for the day and go shoot a pig.

• Like 1

OTC Colorado vs Arizona. I hope he is an important customer!

His company is the best one I have, and a good friend too. We've been talking about that hunt for about 5 years now, and since he retired this year and is getting up into his 60's, I figured better now than later.

Sounds like a pretty good reason. AZ will still be here next year. CO on my list as Plan C or D.

I bought a point for Antelope & I put in for to early rifle Bull tags with the hope I wouldn't draw, because I already have 2 Canada hunts scheduled for the spring and fall. I don't have enough vacation time if I drew Elk. I figured if I was going to cancel my Canada trips early Elk would be a great reason.

I put all my eggs in one basket and thought I'd draw Wyoming elk.... and I didn't. Hunting moose in Alaska next year so I won't put in for Az again until 2018. Then I'm gonna have to deal with Wyoming again. I'm kinda sick over it right now. The first time in a long time that I don't have my season planned out. I might have to jump on a plane and hunt Kodiak.... Ed F

I put all my eggs in one basket and thought I'd draw Wyoming elk.... and I didn't. Hunting moose in Alaska next year so I won't put in for Az again until 2018. Then I'm gonna have to deal with Wyoming again. I'm kinda sick over it right now. The first time in a long time that I don't have my season planned out. I might have to jump on a plane and hunt Kodiak.... Ed F

If it were any year other than this year, id go to kodiak with you. Ive been trying for years to get someone to go with me, but no one will ever commit.

If it were any year other than this year, id go to kodiak with you. Ive been trying for years to get someone to go with me, but no one will ever commit.

I've been five times.... my favorite place on the planet. After several mild winters it should be fantastic. Ed F

• Like 1

I'm going to Hawaii the first two weeks of September.

I hear theres some pretty good 1-2 day hog hunts over there. That might not be a bad trip, send the wife to the spa for the day and go shoot a pig.
My wife would kill me.

:-/

Points only due to shoulder surgery