Sign in to follow this  
cramerhunts

Rio down! The busy spring continues...

Jaycie and I set out early Thursday morning for a 13.5 hour drive to Del Rio, Texas. About noon on Friday I was able to take this nice Mouflon cross ram.

post-216-0-49493400-1459622924_thumb.jpeg

We then kicked it into high gear and drove up to Sonora. Within a couple hours I was able to draw seven hens in and this Longbeard was following them up. Jaycie dropped him mid strut.

post-216-0-07068800-1459623563_thumb.jpeg

The birds aren't gobbling much but we are having good luck calling in the hens. We are giving it heck to get one more before the long drive home.

post-216-0-57738900-1459623840_thumb.jpeg

• Like 13

Looks fun

Im super jealous! My daughter gave me the boot guess she is to grown up for me or somethin. :(

Congrats and have a blast

Congrats Phil and Jaycie! I love that part of Texas! I'm still trying to find the time to head back to Crystal City to chase my Rio from that area!

I said it before but it's worth saying again, you definitely are a blessed man Phil to be sharing such great hunts with Jaycie. Congratulations to the both of you and thank you for sharing another hunt with us. Continue on and I will be waiting on the next adventure for sure. :)

TJ

• Like 1

Man, sounds like a tight schedule! Congrats to all the success so far and best of luck on connecting on another bird.

Nice bird, you still have time for that eastern and her Royal Slam this year. Congrats young lady.

Way to go Phil and Jaycie!

Super pics and it looks like you guys had a nice time.

I have to agree with TJ, you are one lucky dude to have Jaycie as a lifelong hunting partner. :)

Congrats again!

Thanks everybody! We couldn't make it happen on another gobbler but she did pass on nine different jakes.

Here is a short video I put together.