Elkhunter1

20 years!!!!!!!

For the first time in 20 years I finally have a bull tag, this year is going to be so full of roller coaster rides it ain't funny!

Hopefully I can repeat my last time!!

post-5396-0-91294800-1459829236.jpg

• Like 6

Good luck Guys. I drew last year with 20 points. I know the feeling.............BOB!

This is so sad and depressing people have to wait that long. Please tell me you guys go out of state and hunt elk to pass the time???

• Like 1

Right on, hope you have 20 years worth of a good time on your hunt. Dandy bull in your avatar.

• Like 1

Yup I had 3 New Mexico tags in a 6 year period of My 18 year wait. Gotta hunt them some where. Thats the same as Antelope.Waited 15 years. Then last year went to Wyo. for Lope, and got 10 points again here.If You wanna hunt Lopes and not wait 20 years go to Wyoming. Its easy.................BOB!

• Like 1

Ya very sad, I'm on the no tag list, new hunter recruitment really suffers in az for elk. Good thing I'm outa here soon, f this state for hunting

Anyone who waits 20 years has been specific on the hunt they wanted, there's only a few hunts that take that long, it's not sad, it's being committed.

Anyone serious can hunt elk every year here... of course hunter recruitment on early rifle bull hunts is deficit...

Kent

• Like 2

Unfortunately, its the basic laws of supply and demand. When you have a few thousand tags and a 100000 want them you either need to be lucky or patient. Congrats on the tag, I hope you kill a bull that's worth the wait

• Like 1

Like others have said, if you want to hunt elk in Arizona you can almost every year. If fact with the OTC tags they have you can. You may not kill a monster but you can hunt (and there is that chance). Some of us would rather wait a bit and build some points to draw a real trophy hunt. I think Arizona has a decent mix of both. And you never know you may get lucky and draw that trophy hunt with only a couple points.

• Like 3

Ok for twelve of those years I was physically unable to hunt, and another 3 unable to afford the tag and all the expense that goes with a tag. Not to mention only two select units wanted, with a third "heck marry"unit this year. Thanks guys.