Smith2260

Youth Turkey and Sheds!

My wife, my Dad and I chased some birds over the weekend with our kids. My 14 year old son killed his second Tom and has really proven to be a great hunter! My 12 year old daughter had a couple birds close but could not close the deal. Had a blast with 2 birds gobbling for about 30 minutes at about 40 yards with no shot. Another set had a hen come to the call solo and putted for about 15 minutes at 15 yards! She did awesome on many sets in the 20 degree weather and wind screaming! A lot of great memories and beautiful snow on Saturday morning. My daughter was bummed about the turkeys so close with no shot but a couple sheds made her day! Last year she hunted turkey with a busted foot in a boot, this year she has a busted arm in a cast, next year she gets bubbled wrapped before turkey season :)post-6097-0-54790300-1461088263_thumb.jpegpost-6097-0-88130000-1461088298_thumb.jpegpost-6097-0-56902900-1461088447_thumb.jpeg

• Like 23

Sweet!!!! Great job and finds!

Congrats on a great hunt!

Bubble wrapping her...I wonder if she knows my daughter! We've made a few hunts with splints and buddy-wrapped fingers. Her being a goalie could be the death of ME!

Looking good guys and gal

That looks like a great time. Congratulations on a sweet bird. Way to not let the cold weather get you down. Awesome having the entire family involved.

There's nothing better than hunting with family. Great stuff! That 4 point frame shed has got to be one of the biggest 4 point frames I've ever seen on an elk. Technically it looks like it would be a 5 point but just barely.