bojangles

who bowhunts the back country?

Take the kids on a few backcountry scouting trips. Have a good time, make memories and everyone learns a bit.

• Like 1

If I had a dollar for all the cwt guys who pmd me saying they would go backpacking with me and naver made it ide have like 25 bucks. Edge is the only dude who ever made it. Just do it you won't regret it.

Mike is quite the adventurer. Remember that time I got a message out to you via a third party

from the wilderness that I'd be a couple more days late getting out, don't come looking for me yet.

Now I gauge my back country success by getting back on time, everybody including the livestock is safe, and a grand time was had.

Ya I think we were loading the horses trailer getting ready to come look for you when we heard you made it out. Funny that only happened to me one time but it was the same dam spot. Lol

Ya I think we were loading the horses trailer getting ready to come look for you when we heard you made it out. Funny that only happened to me one time but it was the same dam spot. Lol

Being in that area is like having a bipolar mistress.

Being in that area is like having a bipolar mistress.

I feel like that everytime I get back HOME!

• Like 1

here's a dilemma,

i got this late archery elk tag....

i don't know if i should get way back in there and hunt, or if i should just try to find something that i can shoot near the road, so it's easy to get out.

i'd hate to hike in for 3 days and come home empty handed, i'm one of those i gotta fill my tag kind of guys. while i really like the hunt, i go into mild depression after a big bowl of tag soup.

Just bought a Mystery Ranch pack on sale from camofire Very impressed so far $370 to the door check them out

Definatly a unit you can pack into some spots! But you are right about getting one out! That Would be a ball buster for sure and maybe not a hunt to start backpacking with but only you can answer that. But what if you only packed a mile in and set camp. You would only be a short hike to the truck if things got tough but you would be ahead of any hunters pushing in from the roads as most won't go a mile anyways.

Of course if you scout a bull you want near a road don't look a gift horse in the mouth! Lol

Be careful. Skinwalkers all over that area, they get especially bad at night.

• Like 1

Definatly a unit you can pack into some spots! But you are right about getting one out! That Would be a ball buster for sure and maybe not a hunt to start backpacking with but only you can answer that. But what if you only packed a mile in and set camp. You would only be a short hike to the truck if things got tough but you would be ahead of any hunters pushing in from the roads as most won't go a mile anyways.

Of course if you scout a bull you want near a road don't look a gift horse in the mouth! Lol

You really dont have to go that far at all to lose basically everybody. All the quad guys stop at the trailhead and turn around.

What is a skinwalker? Bugs?

Navajo legend of shape shifters. Google it. I am not superstitious but when you've been hiking up and down mountains for days and your tired....your mind plays tricks. Good friend of mine if navajo and lives on the rez. They swear by it.

here's a dilemma,

i got this late archery elk tag....

i don't know if i should get way back in there and hunt, or if i should just try to find something that i can shoot near the road, so it's easy to get out.

i'd hate to hike in for 3 days and come home empty handed, i'm one of those i gotta fill my tag kind of guys. while i really like the hunt, i go into mild depression after a big bowl of tag soup.

Since I didn't get drawn you should take me. Ill pack a camp in. Get an elk we'll pack it out on a mule.

*Did I mention I know where the bulls hang in 22S?*

• Like 3