Sign in to follow this  
PelaPapas

Which to upgrade???

I have 8's, 10' 15's and spotter. Bino's are all Swaro, spotter is Kowa.

For sitting 15's are great, but for stalking they are too shaky for me without a tripod.

10's are my go to!

• Like 2

I hunt down south, so I never touch 10s. And I spend all day with the tri pod with the 15s . The few times I needed less magnification I just grabbed my 8 power range finder. But this next season I might get some 8s for when I'm in between glassing with the tri pod

• Like 1

I would say depends on your hunting style. If you hunting southern az coues in big fairly open country I would say 15s for sure. If you mostly hunt thick stuff or in the big trees probably 10s.

I hunt down south. So 10s are always carried in my harness for glassing before I get to my spot. The 15s are then set on a tripod for glassing and picking apart areas.

Looks like 15s will be the winner. Any certain models you guys recommend other than HD?

Message Lance. In other threads and PMs he has stated hundreds of hours "hundreds" of hours behind the Swaro and Euros, from Cabelas. He has compared the 2 like no other and found the Swaro is ever so slightly better around the outer rim of the lens and thats it. Either take the 2500 Swaros or the Cabelas Euros for 1500 and it takes you hours to find out that the Swaros is barely "barley" better. For me and the price it was a no brainer

• Like 2

Are the vultures 15x56 worth getting? Wanting a little upgrade from my diamondbacks. I saw some 12x50 vipers that I am also thinking about. I want to stay in the $500 range

• Like 1

Are the vultures 15x56 worth getting? Wanting a little upgrade from my diamondbacks. I saw some 12x50 vipers that I am also thinking about. I want to stay in the $500 range

I like them. I went from using 10s and spotter on tripod to now just using 10s and 15s on tripod and no spotter. I really like glassing out the 15s over a spotter. I'm not big on scoring bucks myself. If it looks good and can fill the freezer, I'm going after it. For the price I really liked the Vultures. I'm just looking to upgrade to swaros soon.

• Like 1

Keep your Diamondbacks and get a used swaro 15 use both, I use my 15s all the time. But then again my style is sit and glass

• Like 2

I would like to get swaros but that's not realistic for me right now. I want to get something a little better for my antelope hunt in September

• Like 1

I'd recommend Swaro 15's made after 2006. You want the swarodur/swarobright version. Should sell used for $1300-$1500. Make sure they are covered by the USA "no fault" warranty. Zeiss 15 X 56 Conquests are very good too. CWT classified prices seem to be $1100 - $1200 although I paid $1300 for mine.

• Like 1

Guest wdenike

I would like to get swaros but that's not realistic for me right now. I want to get something a little better for my antelope hunt in September

Young man I am very fluent in English. And fully understand your question, and the financial aspect. You are on the right track looking at the Vulture 15's or the viper 12's. ( no 15x50's you will be disappointed ) They are both more than adequate!! Get good at picking the country apart and finding game. And it will give you great satisfaction finding game while sitting along side those with the green jewels. That couldn't find chit if it was painted on the objective. Good luck and have fun.

Take care, Willie

• Like 1

on every hunt you go on there will be situations where youd rather have the 10's than the 15's and vice versa. youre going to like either one you get i guarantee that. it can be very hard to size stuff with 10's so you pretty much need a spotter to go along with them. but realistically the same could be said about 15's. id probably get the 15's and keep your old 10's for thicker cover elk hunting and what not

• Like 2

Thanks wdenike the vultures are really what I'm leaning towards. Most reviews say they are really good for the price. Now I just got to get the money together

• Like 1

Guest wdenike

Thanks wdenike the vultures are really what I'm leaning towards. Most reviews say they are really good for the price. Now I just got to get the money together

Way to go!!!! Love seein that little guy in your avatar. Keep teaching him, and in no time flat. He will be able to use toilet paper tubes, and see as much as some of the elite blow hards. Have fun with the vultures

Take care, Willie

• Like 1