Sign in to follow this  
PelaPapas

Which to upgrade???

I think its now time to upgrade my optics. Right now I carry Vortex Diamondback 10x42 in my harness and also carry Vortex Vulture 15s in my pack with tripod. Both have served me well and have found plenty of game. I have decided I want to get me some Swaros now.

Now my problem is which ones to upgrade? 10x42 Swaros or 15s? I'm leaning towards the 10x being that I use my 10's alot more. The 15s do come in handy when I sit down and glass.

Which ones would you upgrade? Also I'm looking for a used pair and not sure which model to go with? Other than the HD versions, are they pretty close in comparison? Any input is appreciated...

Hands down the 15s. I think the bigger the magnification the bigger the difference between the high end optics and everything else. I have the 15X swaros and 10X meoptas and couldn't be happier.

• Like 5

Hands down the 15s. I think the bigger the magnification the bigger the difference between the high end optics and everything else. I have the 15X swaros and 10X meoptas and couldn't be happier.

This ^^

• Like 1

I personally split the difference and went with the Swaro 12x50s and am able to use them for both hand hold as well as on the tripod. I haven't regretted my decision a bit and my aging legs don't have to carry 2 pairs. If I had to decide between Swaro 10s and the 15s, I'd go with the 15s. I'd probably follow that up with a pair of 10x42 Vortex Razors for closer range situations. The 10x42 Razors are great for the price and you would have the super premium Swaro glass for the long range stuff which is where you really need it.

• Like 4

the 15's. if i was to cut corners on optics, it would be my "chest pair" 10x42's. i use them for quick glances when hiking is all.

• Like 3

I'll agree with most everyone else, upgrade the 15s. If you use your 10s more then you should adjust your style to sit and glass with 15s on a tripod more often.

• Like 1

same here. I'd upgrade 15's first. I'm usually hand holding my 10's to scan while I'm getting to a new glassing spot, so the dip in quality of your 10's isn't as apparent as when you put them on a tripod and sit for a while like you would with the 15's. if that makes sense

• Like 1

Thanks for the info everyone. Looks like 15s will be the pair to get! Other than HD models, what are the best to get?

I could never decide so I just got all of them, 10s, 15s, 30s, and a spotter. :)

15s are my most used set of glass I have, couldnt imagine hunting without them.

• Like 2

This comes up so often that i can't believe more people dont carry Leica Duovids. (I do).

Because lecia customer service sucks ha ha

• Like 2

Even though I use my 10s more (time wise), I agree, upgrade the 15s. I glass close (up to a mile) first, with my 10s. Then I glass far with my 15s. So I cover a lot more actual real estate with my 15s.

• Like 1

I would say depends on your hunting style. If you hunting southern az coues in big fairly open country I would say 15s for sure. If you mostly hunt thick stuff or in the big trees probably 10s.

• Like 3