Sign in to follow this  
grey curse

Elite impulse 34 input

I was lucky enough to draw a September archery bull tag this year so I'm looking to purchase a new bow. The impulse has a ton of positive reviews but I would like to hear from the shooters and hunters here in Arizona from cwt, not just the east coasters. Of course I'm considering Hoyt's defiant 34, pse's decree hd and will shoot all before I purchase. So if anyone has any hands on input on the elite impulse it would be appreciated.

I have an impulse 34. I m very happy with it. Very fast and smooth. The draw weight builds very quick in the cycle but the let off is very efficient. I've only had it set up and shooting for about 2 weeks around 400 arrows but it seems very forgiving as well.

I won mine in a raffel so I took a few day and shoot it side by side my bow tech rpm360.(I was very happy with the bow tech) ultimately I sold my bow tech. My elite is a 65 lbs max bow but it's faster that my rpm360 that was maxed at 72lbs by 7-10fps.

The Elite impulses are incredibly forgiving and enjoyable to shoot. On top of that they have a better warranty than any other company around. I went from a Hoyt Carbon bow to one of these and am shooting better and more accurately than before as well as being more comfortable. Timber Mesa has been selling them like crazy since I got there. Come see me Junior and I'd be happy to show you a few and answer any questions you have.

• Like 1

I won mine in a raffel so I took a few day and shoot it side by side my bow tech rpm360.(I was very happy with the bow tech) ultimately I sold my bow tech. My elite is a 65 lbs max bow but it's faster that my rpm360 that was maxed at 72lbs by 7-10fps.

So bow tech was fudging the 360 IBO by 20-30fps? Good to know cause I'm in the market for one

I shot just about everything out there over the past few months. The Elite is in my top two along with the Prime Rize. Both were awesome and I go back and forth between the two a lot. I'm leaning towards the Rize, but you couldn't go wrong with either. The are both super smooth, very solid wall, next to no vibration, etc. They carry them both at Timber Mesa archery, along with just about every other major brand. Go down and talk to Junior. He is a good guy.

Here was my take and rankings on the bows I shot:

1. Rize or Impulse

2. Rize of Impulse

3. Matthews Halon

4. Bowtech Boss

5. PSE Decree

10. Hoyt Defiant - I wanted to love this bow and went in with this bow at the top of my list. But did not like it and have heard a lot of bad things about Hoyt's latest offering from a lot of Hoyt die hard fans.

ive shot the impulse 31 and 34 I wanted the 34 bad, I shot the 31 and instantly knew I liked it better. after about 30 shots of each I knew I was in love with the 31. statistics and people say the 34 is better because the axle to axle but I loved the 31. you have to shoot them and you'll know right away which one you want everyone has a different taste and feeling what they like

So bow tech was fudging the 360 IBO by 20-30fps? Good to know cause I'm in the market for one

that's not what I said or what I meant.

I don't have a 31inch draw and I don't shoot a bear string with a 350g arrow. I would have know way of knowing if they make their advertised Ibo.

• Like 1

They werent fudging the numbers, just has to be tuned perfectly to get the numbers they claim. Lots of 360's werent getting anywhere close to the IBO rating due to the tuning.

Thanks for all the information. Sounds like the elite reviews are spot on and everyone truly enjoys shooting the impulse. I did not know about elite having an excellent warranty so that will play in as well. Differently a top contender.

I haven't shot the elites, but I have shot the Hoyts and PSE. The decree is wicked fast and dead quiet. Draw cycle felt stiff up front to me.

The Hoyt defiant 34 shot great as well. The 34 stacks up a bit towards the back, but shoots very well. The liked the normal defiant a lot better and the carbon defiant even more.

Thanks rossi I appreciate the kind words. Yes we have a solid selection at Timber Mesa however bows are flying out the doors. The primes and elites are walking away with the Lions share of the purchases this year for sure.

I have had an impulse 34 for about a month now and absolutely love it! I will say the draw cycle stacks up pretty early and is a little stiff. It also has a big dump into the valley but I don't mind it. Overall the bow holds extremely well and is very dead and quiet on the shot. Mine is 29.25" and 70#. It is shooting a Vitory VAP 300 weighing 431 grains 298-300 fps. Plenty fast for me!

post-12991-0-46945200-1462734188_thumb.jpeg

I was also lucky enough to draw a Sept tag and decided it was time to upgrade the old 08 Guardian. I think I've shot every bow made in the last two years. Quick Shout out to the guys at Bull Basin in Flagstaff and Ross Outdoors, those guys had to be tired of setting up bows for me, both stores are phenomenal and really go out of there way to help. Being a Bowtech guy, I was dead set in my mind that the new BTX was for me. After two weeks, I kept coming back to the Prime Rize and so far, I love it.

1 Prime Rize

1A Obsession Def Con 6

3 Elite

4 Prime Ion

5 Halon 6

5 BTX

I have a 34. It's a nice bow! I enjoy shooting is much more than the Nitrum Turbo I had. 400 gr arrow at 315, 28in draw

I've had my impulse 34 set up for about 3 weeks now and I'm pretty happy with it.

65lbs model

Hamshea hybrid pro

Cbe tek hybrid

Tight spot quiver

Bee stinger 10.8 hunter extreme

post-4310-0-12196900-1463237985_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1