GreyGhost85

WTB 45LC revolver

For some reason i developed an itch for a 45LC. Not real particular on make or model but don't want a "judge" type or anything. Let me know if anyone has one they are looking to part with. Thanks

I did ballistics testing with a judge. My mom had been wanting one for a few years even with me trying to talk her out of it. So I bought her one for Mother's Day a few years back and I wanted to prove it's worth (or lack of) so we shot gel. I was surprised

how well it did out to 20 yards. I don't own one and not sure your reason for not wanting one but it sure surprised me with the results.

They are a very novel idea and would be nearly impossible to beat for a personal protection handgun, i just want more of a western, 6-shooter type is all. I've got 22mag lever and handgun and want a big bore revolver to match my 45-70 lever.

Ruger blackhawk. Can't beat the factory warranty. Handles the hottest loads.

• Like 1

They are a very novel idea and would be nearly impossible to beat for a personal protection handgun, i just want more of a western, 6-shooter type is all. I've got 22mag lever and handgun and want a big bore revolver to match my 45-70 lever.

I couldn't agree more. A rimmed pistol needs to be traditional.

I have a cimerron 45lc I have been using for black powder blanks. Not sure on value but just had it touched up at the factory and it looks new.

We got both the Ruger Black hawk and the Judge. I LOVE both...can't say that enough....LOVE those guns. You're right, you cannot beat the judge for protection. However the Ruger is lighter and with practice... slightly more versatile.

The Ruger, is a much faster draw out of the holster and (depending on the barrel length) more accurate. If home protection is not a part of it....I would go with the Ruger.

Not sure how familiar you are with the 45 Colt but they have enough boiler room to load them to 44 mag capabilities. The downside is if you do that in a Single Action Army or one of the replicas ( Cimmaron or Vaquero) you will have yourself a hand grenade. The bigger Rugers and specialty stuff like Freedom Arms can handle the stout loads. I have a couple vaqueros that are real fun. Just need to now their limitations.

Good luck in your search.

The pre new model vaqueros are plenty strong. strong enough to handle heavy loads. i just purchased a pair of vaqueros from a saas shooter. both have bob james action work and brass covers on front sight. i might be willing to part with one of the pair since i really only wanted the one to begin with. send me a pm and we can exchange info if you're interested. case hardened blued finish.

I love my ruger Blackhawk in 45lc. It will do anything a 44 mag will for sure.

• Like 1