Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

Fire Restrictions

DesertBull - Only if you are hunting.

So it mentioned fire restrictions in all Tonto national forests then list counties.I guess I dont understand if its ALL Tonto National Forest in ALL counties or just the ones mentioned. Im just concered for Big Lake area in particular.

Yep. They changed all the signs yesterday to VERY HIGH. Now if we can just keep these idiots from actually doing that and not littering we might be getting somewhere

• Like 1

PROHIBITIONS Pursuant to 16 USC 551 and 36 CFR 261.50 (a) and (B), the following acts and omissions are prohibited on the areas, roads, and trails as described in this Order, and as depicted on the attached map hereby incorporated into this Order as Exhibit A (the “restricted area”), all within the Tonto National Forest, Maricopa, Gila, Yavapai, and Pinal Counties, Arizona:

1. Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire, or wood or charcoal burning stove. 36 CFR 261.52(a) Exceptions: Campfires/charcoal fires in metal fire rings and pedestal grills provided by the Forest Service will be allowed in developed recreation sites listed in Exhibit B. Gas and propane stoves, lanterns or heating devices are permitted provided such devices meet the fire underwriter’s specifications for safety.

2. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, or within a developed recreation site. 36 CFR 261.52(d)

3. Welding, or operating an acetylene torch or other torch with open flame. 36 CFR 261.52 (i).

4. Discharging a firearm, except while engaged in a lawful hunt pursuant to state, federal, or tribal laws and regulations. 36 CFR 261.58(m).

james

PS
big lake is no where near TONTO national forest

• Like 2

I love a campfire as much as anyone but the citiots just don't seem to know how to put one out so these restrictions are about 2 weeks late. Should do it before Memorial weekend as insurance.

• Like 2

I love a campfire as much as anyone but the citiots just don't seem to know how to put one out so these restrictions are about 2 weeks late. Should do it before Memorial weekend as insurance.

it was dryer than a popcorn fart up there and it was moderate fire danger. shake my head.

So it mentioned fire restrictions in all Tonto national forests then list counties.I guess I dont understand if its ALL Tonto National Forest in ALL counties or just the ones mentioned. Im just concered for Big Lake area in particular.

If your only concerned about Big Lake it's not in TNF and so far I don't believe Apache Sitgrieves has fire restrictions.

Cool no they won't burn it down. Don't understand why people get so upset when they can't camp without a camp fire. Ok now let me have it fire lovers....