Sign in to follow this  
stanley

Unit 1 Archery

I was fortunate enough to draw a Unit 1 archery bull tag this year. The last time I had an archery elk tag for unit 1 was a cow tag about 11 years ago. (My elk hunting in the past 10 years or so has been focused in the 6A & 6B units. Jr. hunts, mainly......) That being said, I've been enjoying some weekend time this summer renewing my love for the White Mountains! ;) It's changed a bit since I last spent much time there; Like the Big Lake road being paved the whole way..... :blink: and of course the effects of the Wallow fire.

I'm narrowing my target areas down to a couple, and was hoping to bounce a couple of questions off of someone who has spent some time in the unit and/or maybe chat with a local or two.

Let me know if you would be willing to chat with me. The usual disclaimer of course is that I am NOT looking for honey holes! Please send me a PM if you are willing to talk or email off-line.

Thanks in advance, and good luck to all!!

S.

:)

Ya, don't take any advice from trphyhntr. It will only get You 120 Yards......LOL..................BOB!

• Like 3

Good luck stanley. I helped a guy I know pack a 350" bull out of there in 2009. He got a 330ish one the year before. Theres some nice ones in there.

Saw this brute over the weekend. Its hard to see, but he was pushing the seventh point on both sides. Good luck. Saw a few 6x6s too. Do you have the late hunt or early?

post-13573-0-22996200-1467328548_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Saw this brute over the weekend. Its hard to see, but he was pushing the seventh point on both sides. Good luck. Saw a few 6x6s too. Do you have the late hunt or early?

Nice!! :)

I have the early archery bull hunt.

S.

Happy for you, Stanley --- go put the hurt on a bruiser!!!

• Like 1

Big Bulls any where in that Unit..Have fun...............BOB!

• Like 1

Ya, don't take any advice from trphyhntr. It will only get You 120 Yards......LOL..................BOB!

Or the local topless bar.
  • Like 2

Not a bad thing if Ya got money to burn/ in the old days, I spent my share there...............BOB!

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies and encouragement, all! Even the entertainment tips..... (Though I have tried to stay out of the bars for the past couple of years..... Topless or otherwise. ;) )

Also BIG thanks for the several of folks who have sent me notes off-line! Got some good general info, and confirmed some assumptions. Goes without saying that this is without question the greatest hunting site going!!!

Heading-up again next weekend for three days of camping/fishing/scouting! Loving life!!! :D

S.