jp0212

Best way to meet hunting bros

Without this sounding like personal ad, I am curious how everyone met their hunting buddies. I had a solid group of buddies that I used to hunt with, but unfortunately one moved to Wyoming, the next to Oregon and the last one to Washington. Their moving has left me having to go out solo for all but one trip over the last two years. It was cool at first, but it gets pretty lame after a while. I really want to meet some people that are around my same age group (late 20's/early 30's) that are into backpack style hunting into the Wilderness areas, but not sure where to start. Did most of you guys grow up with your bro's, or was it archery events, etc. that helped that out. Pretty sure approaching a dude at Cabela's or Bass Pro will get me beat up, and sending my wife over to help me out could go all sorts of wrong :D

post-6147-0-35778300-1467687188.jpg

• Like 1

Unless it's family I havnt hunted with anyone without military experience. I like not having to communicate/worry about the people I am with- can't say that has been my intention but it has worked out that way over the years. My wife says I need to broaden my social atmosphere.

That being said, I have met a number of great people on this site who have offered to help me when needed and vice versa.

• Like 2

Is it just me or does that add asking for "bro's" look like a male appendage turned up. Why, just why

• Like 8

Unfortunately I too am in the same boat as you except I ended up having to move away from my hunting buddy's. New city, new state, new terrain makes it tough But, I became friends with all my hunting buddy's back home from archery shoots, gun ranges, and long range shooting matches. My advise would be join a archery or shooting club and I'm sure you'll meet some good people

I grew up with most of my hunting buddy's but sadly I don't see some of them anymore, met a few on here and at work. The guy I hunt with now I met at work, he was new to hunting and newish to guns so I got to mold my own partner lol. We work and hunt good together. Please get rid of the penis/ball picture. I know it's an arm/bicep but I have a dirty mind.

• Like 4

The guy I usually hunt with I met out in the nasty chit where we were the only two stupid enough to go. Bumped into each other a couple times at the parking spot, chit-chat, swap numbers, years later we still coordinate plans & put in together on deer hunts some years. So now we're just as stupid & still go there, but at least we have company.

There was another guy I met on this forum that I hunted with for a few years. Still swap txt & visit once in a while, but haven't hunted together in a long time.

Where to meet hunting bros

Where to meet; hunting bros.

Where to meet? Hunting bros.

Where to meet hunting bros?

Is it just me or does that add asking for "bro's" look like a male appendage turned up. Why, just why

Hahaha you must not watch "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia".

I had no intention of answering this post until I saw the 'bicep' flyer from its always sunny. That's freakin badass, I like you already. What area do you live in?

• Like 1

I had no intention of answering this post until I saw the 'bicep' flyer from its always sunny. That's freakin badass, I like you already. What area do you live in?

And just like that a new bromance has begun... Will it rival Casey & Lark??? Only time will tell. ;)

post-1431-0-46938900-1467692842.jpg

• Like 2

All the guys Ive hunted with over the years have surpassed my skill level and moved on. I hunt alone now. The first couple years was kinda boring, but now I enjoy it. I can just do my own thing.

Unless it's family I havnt hunted with anyone without military experience. I like not having to communicate/worry about the people I am with- can't say that has been my intention but it has worked out that way over the years. My wife says I need to broaden my social atmosphere.

That being said, I have met a number of great people on this site who have offered to help me when needed and vice versa.

I hear ya. The one time I didn't have to hunt alone it was thankfully because someone here on the site was awesome enough to come help me out.

Unfortunately I too am in the same boat as you except I ended up having to move away from my hunting buddy's. New city, new state, new terrain makes it tough But, I became friends with all my hunting buddy's back home from archery shoots, gun ranges, and long range shooting matches. My advise would be join a archery or shooting club and I'm sure you'll meet some good people

I definitely think I should start getting into the archery leagues. I used to work at a shooting range/gun store, but everyone was more in to guns and less into hunting, so I unfortunately didn't meet anyone with the potential to become a hunting buddy.

If you're looking for "bros" you should go to the broad head brotherhood on FB. Lotsa "bros" on there.

Don't worry dude the bill on my hat ain't straight. It's got a wicked redneck bend to it. I have also never lived in California so I'm not sure if I would actually fit in with the "bro's", but I'll have to check it out. Although the massive amount of Sitka Gear I own might grant me membership.

I grew up with most of my hunting buddy's but sadly I don't see some of them anymore, met a few on here and at work. The guy I hunt with now I met at work, he was new to hunting and newish to guns so I got to mold my own partner lol. We work and hunt good together. Please get rid of the penis/ball picture. I know it's an arm/bicep but I have a dirty mind.

I offer to take people out all the time when they tell me they haven't hunted but express interest in it. No takers yet. Not just to get a hunting buddy, but to grow the sport. One of these days maybe someone will jump on the opportunity.

All the guys Ive hunted with over the years have surpassed my skill level and moved on. I hunt alone now. The first couple years was kinda boring, but now I enjoy it. I can just do my own thing.

Hunting alone definitely has various phases. The first couple trips I took, I barely slept and was pretty freaked out. After a few trips I got used to it and actually started to love the freedom. All day everyday I am surrounded by people, so it was incredibly liberating spending that time solo. After several other trips it started to get pretty boring.

Haha glad someone got the reference! Hands down one of the best shows on TV. I live out in Gilbert not too far from San Tan. You?