Sign in to follow this  
218buck

Declined credit cardS

declined should be declined..or whats the purpose of having an update your cards date...if you use a paper app and are off 1 cent you are declined....seems like an unfair advantage for online users

It's not just about having the card up to date. They may be up to date just fine, but the bank may think it's fraudulent and decline it. But I agree if the card failed because it expired then they didn't meet the deadline to update and they shouldn't get 3 attempts to give a new card. But if your bank screws you by thinking it's a scam I agree with the calls. I've never had it happen and hope it never does.

• Like 1

Keep in mind it has only been this draw that the cards got charged less the 24 hours after the deadline to update. It used to take many days if not a week for charges to start showing up. Lots of issues can happen with credit cards that are not the fault of the card holder.

• Like 2

Keep in mind it has only been this draw that the cards got charged less the 24 hours after the deadline to update. It used to take many days if not a week for charges to start showing up. Lots of issues can happen with credit cards that are not the fault of the card holder.

That is a good point. Plus I do know my buddy was sent a new card by Chase after the cards were supposed to be updated for the elk draw. So you never really know the reasons.

My buddy did tell me that they have been doing a lot more testing prior to the draws at the game and fish. They made them put in fake apps to test the system out prior so we wouldn't have a repeat of the elk fiasco. So maybe it'll be like this from here on out...

My buddy got a call today, his last name is Smock so hopefully they're making progress

Do they go in alphabetical order ?

I think a good idea would be to allow for two cards to be put into the system. Try one if it doesn't work go to card number two. If it doesn't work move on to the next guy. Would cut off at least a week for the results. I don't know how these guys drawing Archery deer tags have time to prepare for their hunt two weeks before it starts.

• Like 2

I think a good idea would be to allow for two cards to be put into the system. Try one if it doesn't work go to card number two. If it doesn't work move on to the next guy. Would cut off at least a week for the results. I don't know how these guys drawing Archery deer tags have time to prepare for their hunt two weeks before it starts.

Until you lose your wallet.

Until you lose your wallet.
Can you imagine being the guy who dropped a card the day before the deadline? That scares me like spiders do.
  • Like 1

Then just allow the person to put in a routing # and bank acct # and then there shouldn't be a problem at all

Then just allow the person to put in a routing # and bank acct # and then there shouldn't be a problem at all
You could do that but would need something for guys not wanting to use debit. Still allow a credit card update due date and know that after that day they are charging cards the next day. So if you lose your card between the night of the deadline and the next day they charge you're out of luck.

^just playing devils advocate, but If I lose my wallet I would lose a check as well and what if a female hunter looses her purse?