Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

something like a 6-24 or a 4.5-14?

6-24. Nice to have it and not need it

Totally, that's probably what I'll end up doing for that reason. I just really hate finding stuff in my vortex 6-24 scope when it's close and on 6x. So I was considering doing the 4.5-14 leupold on this one

If you are an ounce counter then definitely stick with a smaller scope. My rifle is 12lbs and that's with a 2lb NF on it.

Best of both worlds. 3-24 March. Super lightweight, and huge range of magnification.

But, my scopes are mostly within the 5-20, 5-25, 6-24 range, with the exception of one 3-20. No joke, I have hit running jackrabbits at 30 yards on 5x on numerous occasions. Not much FOV difference between 4.5x & 6x. For a long range rifle, which you are asking about in the Long Range Section, definitely the 6-24. Maybe a 5-20 if you want middle ground. Maybe even the 4-20 Burris XTR II.....

• Like 1

I've got a burris veracity 5-25x50. Love it. They also make a 3-15 and a 4-20. Hard to beat it for the price

• Like 1

i have a 6-24 vortex viper pst. i like it. pretty light and a nice reticle plus its illuminated. like the turrets and zero stop. its a cooler scope then my Leupolds but i havent compared the glass either.

• Like 1