Barnesboy

New Hunting Pack

Been a late night tonight. Couldn't sleep so I have been up going through my hunting pack getting it situated for my Bear hunt and I realized I need a bigger pack. Haha. If anyone has any suggestion for a good pack that I could use for a 2-3 day backpacking trip let me hear them. I don't want one that's gonna break the bank though. Haha.

post-11419-0-06438100-1470826643_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Im running the Badlands 2200 I love it sometimes I find myself throwing in extra crap that I don't even need. Works great for pack outs as well

• Like 2

Kifaru best pack I have ever owned and I have had a lot

• Like 2

Middle-upper price range...Outdoorsman, Kuiu 3200 or 5200, Eberlestock to name a few I am familiar with. You can typically find these for sale on forums for less $ than new...around $200 - $300. Depends on the size and features you want.

• Like 1

What size pack is the one your using right now?

My pack now is just a little bigger then a standard backpack.

I did find this pack last night when I was doing some research. It has good reviews but has anyone on here used one of these and what's your thoughts?

post-11419-0-83795100-1470850251_thumb.png

• Like 1

EXO, Stone Glacier and Kuiu. I have an EXO 5500 pack and like it, it is original design. Other friends have EXO and Kuiu.

All are pricey, but like optics and any high end stuff, buy once, cry once.

I did find this pack last night when I was doing some research. It has good reviews but has anyone on here used one of these and what's your thoughts?

I have this pack. I got it almost three years ago now although it looks to be the same as the image you linked. I used it only for a short while and it is now buried in a closet as I have two other packs I enjoy more. It doesn't have load lifters, although it seemed to hold weight okay since it's an external frame (I never packed out an animal on it though). With the foldout shelf on the bottom, you can really fit a lot of stuff in the pack and on the frame and it does compress down kinda nice for smaller loads. The main pack detaches from the frame and I once rigged up a smaller day pack to rest on the frame and that worked out pretty well actually. I did find a small rip in the mesh that is wrapped around the frame and tied to the shoulder straps so I don't know how it will hold up to heavy use. It's a somewhat versatile external frame pack although as others have said and will say, it doesn't hold up to more expensive packs.

That being said, unless someone wanted a huge pack under $150, I wouldn't recommend this pack, but if that's your budget, then it does give you a lot of options for the money. I love both packs I have now and would recommend either (badlands and mystery ranch) and I seriously doubt that I will ever use this full pack again, although i'm sure the frame itself will come in handy one of these days.

I have one similar...Kelty Cache Hauler, frame only. It works great for hauling a load of meat. This one should be a good setup for the $. I think Sportsmans carries them. Make sure it fits you well, and has a good sturdy waist belt to support most of the load. Also, before you order this one, be sure it includes the pack bag.

Save your money and buy a quality pack your back and knees will love you for it. Like has been said there are some really good deals on here all the time.

• Like 2

My pack now is just a little bigger then a standard backpack.

Gotcha, then you would need a bigger pack for sure! Look in the classifieds here or on Rokslide. Good deals pop up, just gotta jump on em quick.

LOVE Eberlestock!!

I have both the Just One and a X1. Just One for 2-3 day packs, and the X1 is great for day hunts. Just picked-up a second X1 from a member used here on cw.com for my son to use. (Thanks camofreak! ;))

S.

:)

Badlands 2200- not too pricey. You can ruin it, send it back and they will send you a new one.

• Like 1