Sign in to follow this  
mbgpogiako

First Archery Hunt - Buck Down!

Sweet buck congrats on your first archery kill, maybe some day I will know what that feels like.

Edited: cause I really read your story. Man 90 yard shots ??????????? and you yourself couldn't tell the legal sex of the animal you were shooting at??? IMO you are being taught the wrong way.

Some guys on here have been shooting their bow since you were in diapers and would never even think of taking an 80-90 yard shot.

• Like 3

Congratulations on your first deer.... But... IMO, There are all kinds of problems with ethics and fair chase with your story. Easier is not always better. I'll take some heat for this and have no problem with that. Road hunting, long shots, questionable shooting through brush, radios... are not things a "rookie" hunter should be taught. I'm happy for you about getting your first buck with a bow, but the experience should have been a whole lot different. I'm also glad that you didn't write that you wounded a deer. OK gentlemen, let me have it... Ed F

• Like 12

hard work paid off buddy. Congrats!! I hope this year I will have that same outcome

Bowunter, I agree with you but the "ethics smethics if it's legal do it" crowd is gonna hammer you!

In fact I could name 10 guys on this site that will definatly say something.... They are very predictable.... But for fun lets see who chimes in....

Congrats on your first buck. Not my choice of shots or ethics, but thats my opinion & I will leave it at that.

congrats, was this a draw unit or over the counter? If its over the counter then you got heck of a spot!!

Congratulations on your first deer.... But... IMO, There are all kinds of problems with ethics and fair chase with your story. Easier is not always better. I'll take some heat for this and have no problem with that. Road hunting, long shots, questionable shooting through brush, radios... are not things a "rookie" hunter should be taught. I'm happy for you about getting your first buck with a bow, but the experience should have been a whole lot different. I'm also glad that you didn't write that you wounded a deer. OK gentlemen, let me have it... Ed F

...This...thats not a story you share and be proud of lol.