Sign in to follow this  
Guest akaspecials

Shooting 2 peeps

Guest oneshot

Im going to start doing this to increase my odd!robin_hood_men_in_tights.jpg

How many peeps required for that

Instinctive archers don't need no silly sights...

Half the fun of a compond bow is fiddling with it and trying different things. If that werent the case, I doubt the manufacturers would be as successful as they are at getting people to buy new bows every year.

Theres only one way to know for sure: give it a shot and let us know how it goes.

I doubt the manufacturers would be as successful as they are at getting people to buy new bows every year.

i was just talking about this with my dad today lol. people say every year theyre better but how can they be lol. i cant tell the difference but i guess some people can

I don't get how anyone can shoot out to 100 yards? At 100 yards, your pin is close to the thickness (back to bottom of chest) of a deer.

With 2 peeps, your gonna have one good anchor and one.....really crappy one!

I doubt the manufacturers would be as successful as they are at getting people to buy new bows every year.

i was just talking about this with my dad today lol. people say every year theyre better but how can they be lol. i cant tell the difference but i guess some people can
Talked to a friend in the industry about this...I asked him what the real improvements in newer bows and difference between brands...not much except marketing to egos with fastest, heaviest draw, and lightest weight. Nothing really significant as far as technology improvements though.

I just bought a new halon because my 2009 x-force gx had the string roll off the cams for the second time. I like the way my x-force shoots better than this new mathews, but it's growing on me. Not much difference though

Guest akaspecials

I tried it this weekend and got pie plate groups at 100 yards.

To start I shot blind bale for 2 days with my new anchor point. Then it took a few hours and 3 broken arrows to figure out what pin hits where. My 30 yard pin is now 102 yards with the upper peep. I have not tried past 102 to see how much arrow drop there is at those distances and what pins it lines up with.

Anyways, I noticed I had a hard time switching between one anchor point and the other. There were a few times where I almost used the wrong anchor point.

My conclusion is the double peep works, but I will stop using it a few months before I hunt so I don't accidentally use the wrong anchor point on an animal. Thanks to those of you that had constructive input.

Im going to start doing this to increase my odd!robin_hood_men_in_tights.jpg

How many peeps required for that

Instinctive archers don't need no silly sights...

but they do need awkwardly uncomfortable tights.post-3516-0-77091500-1473170572_thumb.jpg

I don't get how anyone can shoot out to 100 yards? At 100 yards, your pin is close to the thickness (back to bottom of chest) of a deer.

Not with .010 pins.