Sign in to follow this  
Phil Carr

Chair for blind

I am looking for feedback from members with first hand experience on chairs used in blinds. I hope to find something that provides great support and is comfortable for sitting in from daylight to dark. Thanks in advance.

I bought a collapsing chair from Cabela's and cut the tube for the left armrest so I could pin it back out of the way, nice big seat to sit in, it worked a lot better than the tripod stool I started with

My biggest issue has been finding one that is quiet when shifting weight and has the room to draw the bow back when shooting at various angles through the windows, while not hurting my arse by the end of the day. Have not found one yet.

My buddy loaned me a Primos stool...tripod stool with a back on it but no arms. I didn't sit from dawn to dusk, but was in it for 4 hours a day for about a week with no issues with comfort or noise. I've also tried camp chairs before and had issues drawing due to the arms and also noisy when shifting to shoot.

Sat in the Blackout a few weeks ago at the store in Mesa and noticed the noise as well. Seemed quite comfortable otherwise, with ample room for me to draw my bow back. I'll have to head back there and try again. Will bring a rag to wipe it down beforehand and see how it quiets down.

Currently have the Primos DB tripod one Bigorange mentions and it is okay. It can squeak a bit, but the fabric is really loud(when in a blind and a deer at water) if you are not wearing the right clothing. The tripod chairs also tend to restrict circulation to my legs when I'm sitting on decline, which I typically am when near a waterhole. I can get about 4 hours out of one before a leg starts to fall asleep.

You'll always have noise, no matter what. In my experience, the animals are much more sensitive to movement they can see than slight sounds. If you give them time to settle down, pick the right time to move, and move very slowly, you'll be surprised how much you can get away with. I use a browning full size chair I paid $40 for at Sportsman's. Found the most comfortable chair that gave me good lumbar and went with it. Good luck.

• Like 1

THanks guys, I will look into the chairs you suggested.

Phil do your self a favor and get a zero gravity type chair. Russ has them in all the blinds. Some in not the greatest shape. If you have your own you know it won't be thrashed.

This is the only safe "non-squeak" that I have found. This will NOT make noise.

I got one very similar at Sportsmans Warehouse. I don't have to worry about chair arms being in the way.

I then put a pad on it for comfort. Anything metallic will eventually make noise! And you don't want to start spraying the chair with oils!

https://www.amazon.com/Jeronic-11-Inch-Plastic-Folding-Stool/dp/B01BZUVSAE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1473535611&sr=8-5&keywords=black+plastic+stool

or this looks like the one I have....

https://www.amazon.com/Plastics-1016BK-Foldz-Black-Stool/dp/B003L8WUBU/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1473535611&sr=8-7&keywords=black+plastic+stool

otqb2r.jpg

One of these?

I'd never see anything in a blind with one of those. I'd be chilling watching football or snoozing. Hard to find a good chair that doesn't squeak.

Brian

Thats it. If you are going to be in the blind ALL day, you might as well be comfortable. You won't be able to recline quite that far but maybe 3/4 of that and you can relax pretty well. You can actually get it back upright pretty well without making a lot of noise.

regular ole folding captains chair - i get them used at yards sales all the timefor $5 always have 5 or 6 around

i got a bigger than normal rear so setting blinds comfotrtably is a must

nice an quiet and super strong and easy to fold and transport

post-3096-0-63174600-1473964590.jpg