BigGameHunter

2006 F150 (Tires) ... heck I'll sell the truck

I have a 2006 F150 (V8 5.4L) that I just put brand new All Terrain KO3's on (17'). And of course, 2 weeks after the tires were put on my timing chain went out. The timing was fantastic as I was 15 minutes from turning onto the dirt to make my way out to archery hunt ... I digress. Now I'm in this situation of repairing my truck or just buying a new one. Well ... I have decided to skip the repairs and just sell the truck or maybe just the tires -- So here is what I am thinking:

1. You can buy the truck for $2500 (new tires and all); matching spare. it's totally my hunting rig. Comes with a fresh set of AZ pin stripe, a rhino lined interior floor (because I got tired of scrubbing carpets), a Vortex sticker, a coueswhitetail sticker, and few other sexy hunting stickers. I will scrub the deer blood out of the bed, remove all dove feathers, and attempt to get all the fishing sinkers out of the back seats. I'm not going to be the guy that tries to say that I am selling an prestine vehicle..this truck has148K miles and loved every mile of it. It has covered a lot of dirt roads and mountain sides. I hate getting rid of it, but it's just that time. Clean title, Orignial owner ., and for what it's worth, the back shocks are only a year'sh old.

If you buy it, it will need to be towed ... I live in Tucson.

or

2. You can buy just the tires. I would like to get $1000 for them (I just spent 1100'sh a few weeks ago). If you have some old tires that you want to get rid of, I'd take them as part of the deal as I will need to put something back on the vehicle.

I am not opposed to any offer you may have for the truck. Send it over ... what's the worst I can say? No?

post-5985-0-86694200-1473523026_thumb.jpg

post-5985-0-61268500-1473523037_thumb.jpg

post-5985-0-28839100-1473523059_thumb.jpg

post-5985-0-70596900-1473523067_thumb.jpg

I am not sure on the valves. To be completely honest, I did not want to pay to have the motor torn down and pay additional dollars knowing that I wasn't likely going to go through the entire repair process. I did look at jsut replacing the motor (entirely) with a rebuild at found price ranges between 3K - 5K. I quoted a motor (new at the dealership) and that was around $8K.

Not sure on this one as I did not do diagnoses but common problem is low oil pressure to camshaft phasers and causes a rattle usuall need to do oil pump, timing chain guides and phasers. Good luck with sale does it still run and is just noisy at idle hot?

Is this a common problem for these motors? I had no idea these were non-interference motors.

Is this a common problem for these motors? I had no idea these were non-interference motors.

it's not super common but the 5.4l is an interference motor. When untimed the piston can hit the valves.