Sign in to follow this  
Shannondale33

Is the legal

I saw this while dove hunting today. It was not there Sunday last week or Tuesday night. I am talking about the lock and chain

post-14850-0-27398100-1473545726_thumb.jpg

post-14850-0-89100600-1473545743_thumb.jpg

Don't think so. Call the number and tell them you have a valid hunting license and want in.

• Like 2

No not unit 42..I plan on calling Monday

We have the same thing down the road on State Trust. There's a walk gate but vehicle gate is kept locked. Been that way for years.

Here's a good thread on this very subject from a few years ago.

Don't cut anything. Hate too see anyone get in some trouble. Please read Commison Rule R12-4-110, K(1)

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/31109-locked-gate-on-state-trust-land/

• Like 1

I think they have the right to lock it to preserve the ground soil. But its still legal to hunt on it. But I would call and double check

• Like 1

I just figured it would say no motorized vehicles lol. Either way was able to get in and limit out amazing numbers

• Like 2

I just figured it would say no motorized vehicles lol. Either way was able to get in and limit out amazing numbers

State land technically there is no tress passing unless you have a hunting license or the gate is open and you can just driving through only.

I was researching hobby prospecting on the State Trust behind the house recently. I read where there were instances where the state could seize your vehicle and equipment for a simple infraction.

• Like 1