capoeirajosh

Using a bow during the general season

Spears are for girls. I hunt bears with a fresh cut springy willow switch. Whip his arse up into a horse trailer, haul him home and mean mug him into submission, then I drink beer and fart while the women skin out that freshly tamed pussycat of a bear.

I also have an impressive set of tools, luxurious thick patch of chest hair and sport a five oclock shadow by 9am (unless I dont feel like shaving again on lunch break, then my beard sits idle and waits for me to call it).

Lets see some pansy twatter/facebook hunter out man that.

• Like 1

Spears are for girls. I hunt bears with a fresh cut springy willow switch. Whip his arse up into a horse trailer, haul him home and mean mug him into submission, then I drink beer and fart while the women skin out that freshly tamed pussycat of a bear.

I also have an impressive set of tools, luxurious thick patch of chest hair and sport a five oclock shadow by 9am (unless I dont feel like shaving again on lunch break, then my beard sits idle and waits for me to call it).

Lets see some pansy twatter/facebook hunter out man that.

😂😂😂That takes the cake......and the bear.

When I was first trying to get a coues with my bow I spent the first few days of a rifle hunt in 33 with my bow. I failed some stalks and had a great time and then on day four decided to take my rifle and tagged out. It prolonged my time out which was nice but i didn't have to eat the tag. I did carry both one day in fear of a monster getting away and it wasn't too much fun carrying both. Good luck and I say use whatever you enjoy the most that's legal. Oh also I drew a Audad NM tag in Feb and my brother and I will try with our bows the first half. Just for the chance that the time and money spent might provide something that much more gratifying. Each to their own do what you'd like.

• Like 1

I say if you wanna do it .. do it , but it's kinda like bringing a knife to a gun fight for sure, but if it's something you would like to do go for it.It's your tag , but as others have mentioned I would wear some orange as there are plenty of retards out there that watch way too much t.v. with there brand new 1000 yard scopes waiting to spray the country side .

• Like 1

Retards a plenty!!!!! Orange for sure!! Hunt the whiteys up in the pines. Way way way less pressure and some really good bucks if you know where to look. And it's cooler.

• Like 3

Retards a plenty!!!!! Orange for sure!! Hunt the whiteys up in the pines. Way way way less pressure and some really good bucks if you know where to look. And it's cooler.

My best one so far was taken at 8500'. Spent two days up there and didnt see another person. Only deer, turkeys and cattle.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice guys. I hear ya about seeing the biggest buck of my life and it getting away, hahaha. Sounds about right. It would be nice to archery hunt these deer a bit while they are hard horned. 6a only has the velvet season. I will admit, that a concern of mine is stalking in close on deer when other guys are toting rifles around and shooting from long distances. Maybe, I am over thinking it.

Wear a little bit of blaze orange.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice guys. I hear ya about seeing the biggest buck of my life and it getting away, hahaha. Sounds about right. It would be nice to archery hunt these deer a bit while they are hard horned. 6a only has the velvet season. I will admit, that a concern of mine is stalking in close on deer when other guys are toting rifles around and shooting from long distances. Maybe, I am over thinking it.

Wear a little bit of blaze orange.

Definitely planning on it, whether I use a bow or not.

• Like 1

I too will be using my bow, at least a few days. Success with a bow is a lot more rewarding in my opinion. But hunting is hunting. It's all a great experience! Good luck to you!

I have to agree with you. Good luck to you as well!

• Like 1

Never understood why one would do this.

Because Cameron Hanes is really popular on social media and some other popular hunters on Instagram also do this. I think you can get more "likes" on your pics if you use a bow or something like that
You are 100% correct.

Screw it, go run the 200 mile race if one REALLY wanted to be like CH.

OR, here's a thought......Maybe, I just like bowhunting. I usually put in for this general tag every year out of tradition with my family. It gives me a chance to get out and hunt with my dad and brother together. My dad is a rifleman and I love to bowhunt. I'm not closed off to rifle hunting at all. Going on a rifle bear hunt here shortly. I merely prefer one over the other. I just had the thought of toting my bow instead of my rifle. It has nothing to do with Cameron Hanes or getting likes on Instagram.

Do it... The Cameron Hanes talk is non sense .. I know a guy who owns an archery shop and he does the same thing.. He takes his rifle with him too and if he cant get it done with is bow he will use his rifle.. I have a general hunt and I'm taking my bow because you cant discharge firearms on or near the river and if I see a lot of activity by the river then let the games begin!!! Good luck

Get a pack that has the rifle scabbard inside it and carry your bow. Best of both worlds. Use your bow and if an opportunity arises and you need your rifle you will have it.

Thanks guys! I am for sure gonna bring my bow with me.

His point is he will be in camp with his family and friends and still get to hunt how he wants. Besides now he has 70 days of archery deer.

• Like 2