Sign in to follow this  
sherman

Clip or magazine just for fun

A gun lesson I learned by my buddy not shooting with me until I knew the right name of the two. So just to pass the time.post-5984-0-66877700-1473990183_thumb.pngpost-5984-0-81211600-1473990260_thumb.pngpost-5984-0-05914200-1473990308_thumb.pngpost-5984-0-72928600-1473990430_thumb.pngpost-5984-0-18843600-1473990467.jpgthis is my friend when the wrong name is placed with wrong item

• Like 7

I remember during firearm training while I was in the academy, if any of us recruits said, blurped out, mentioned the word clip while loading our magazines they would get singled out with a loud verbal reprimanding, had to carry all the ammo cans to the various yardages of shooting lanes (100 to 5 yds) and had to buy all the firearm instructors including us recruits doughnuts for the next day, then as a class we would all have to participate in a nice little conditioning drill usually in the sand pit followed by a nice session in the PT room. Good times for sure!!!!!

• Like 1

It's about time you get this Sherman!!! The times we've talked I've always cringed when you say clip haha!! I've just never thought it was the time or place to correct you.

Well that is bs you know it haha no more free stuff for you haha

I remember during firearm training while I was in the academy, if any of us recruits said, blurped out, mentioned the word clip while loading our magazines they would get singled out with a loud verbal reprimanding, had to carry all the ammo cans to the various yardages of shooting lanes (100 to 5 yds) and had to buy all the firearm instructors including us recruits doughnuts for the next day, then as a class we would all have to participate in a nice little conditioning drill usually in the sand pit followed by a nice session in the PT room. Good times for sure!!!!!

That will teach you fast

Germans listened for the sound of an expelled Garand clip meaning empty. We had a cupboard full of surplus Garand clips, think there was 8 rounds in a clip

It's about time you get this Sherman!!! The times we've talked I've always cringed when you say clip haha!! I've just never thought it was the time or place to correct you.

oh come on! Your free stuff works so good though haha!!
  • Like 1

oh come on! Your free stuff works so good though haha!!

Well it's my dad's free stuff so ok

Looks like Robin has a man bun in that picture no wonder batman slapped him

• Like 3

Call it what you want. Cant stand wannabe blowhards who have to correct everyone on what they think is proper terminology. Same ones wearing 5:11 pants and hanging out at usery or PRG on their days off cause they have no life. Rant over....haha

Call it what you want. Cant stand wannabe blowhards who have to correct everyone on what they think is proper terminology. Same ones wearing 5:11 pants and hanging out at usery or PRG on their days off cause they have no life. Rant over....haha

lol. Call and engine a motor, a cartridge a bullet, a receptacle am outlet, a clip a magazine. All wrong but I won't belt a guy in the gut over it. And what's usery or 5-11?
  • Like 1

Looks like Robin has a man bun in that picture no wonder batman slapped him

Even worse than mullets, tails from the 80's and the midlife crisis is ponytails.

Haha, yea that sounds about right, the academy is where I had the difference drilled into my head as well. Now I have to correct anyone using the wrong term.

So you want to go to the range to go shootin!