PatrickJr

Velvet coues down

John and I spent many days in the field before and during the archery season. One of the days, we were really far in and I brought my predator caller with me knowing that we would have a good chance of calling something in. That day we found 15 bucks. At the end of light, we started calling and on the first stand, I called in 4 fox but John wasn't able to connect with the bow. On the next stand I called in 5-6 and John whacked one while I was videoing. Straight chaos, fox were running everywhere.
post-12189-0-83028300-1474417970_thumb.jpg
We were able to locate many quality bucks but John would never make a stalk unless the buck was in a perfect position and he was sure that he wouldn't blow the bucks out.

On the Saturday before the end of the season, we went into an area looking for pair of bucks and couldn't turn them up. We hiked to a new area and found several more bucks. Found one that caught our attention. Moved in closer. Watched the buck in his bed at 250 yards for what seemed like forever. We kept going back and forth, trying to figure out what he would score. We would always come up with low to mid 90s. John decided to go for it, knowing there are bigger bucks in the area. This one was just in too good of a spot. A little while later, and a shot at 47 yards, John had his buck down. post-12189-0-88564000-1474418056_thumb.jpgpost-12189-0-62663800-1474418096_thumb.jpg
Quite the nasty pack out after this, 3 miles in and I was almost out of water, sunburned from being in the sun allllll day. Great day though. He went 98 gross and 96 net

• Like 11

Way to go!

Great buck.

Is that an Indian ruin you're in, top picture?

Great story, and congratulations

Killer buck!

Wow! Very nice! Looks like a perfect rack.

Sweet, congratulations. Great job on the recap and pictures.