ronaldo

Opening Day Goat

Here it is, my first rifle goat. I couldnt be more happier. My son and I watched this buck for over 2 months and made the long trips every weekend checking on him to make sure no one else had discovered him. Lo and Behold, we got lucky and not another soul had found him. The trip one way from our house was 135 miles. We got alot of gas tied up in this one!! My son,whos 13, was with me and we had a super time. He had the tag last year and killed a nice goat around 80" This buck here scores 83-4/8!! UNbelievable!!! Man Im stoked!! We got him at daylight with one shot. He was right where he has been the whole time we have been watching him. It was worth the 17 year wait of putting every year and not getting a tag, well now its worth every minute!!!

Enjoy the pics!!

Ron

post-963-1189192828_thumb.jpg

post-963-1189192870_thumb.jpg

post-963-1189192916_thumb.jpg

Nice friggen goat. :o

Congrats to you and your son. Sure is nice to see all that time in the field scouting pay off. ;) It's also great to see all these youngins in the field with their families.

Remember-

A family that hunts together stays together. ;)

It's great that you and your son have shared some unforgetable hunts together! It's also great you got one up on him so now he's got something to shoot for! :P Very nice trophy!