azhuntnut

Govt changes minimum age to 18 to hunt

Yeah it's fake. Its been on several other fake news sites over the past few years.

Brian

Yeah it's fake. Its been on several other fake news sites over the past few years.

Brian

Ahhhh man! I thought I was going to pick up a left over jr. Turkey tag. ;)

• Like 1

Its fake. The part where it mentions a guy from U.S. Fish and Wildlife service is only part of what threw it for me. I can guarantee that the USFWS does not have that authority. And, as a hunter ed instructor and biologist for USFWS, I would have heard about this long ago from both USFWS and AGFD. As false as false can be.

Can you imaging the revenue each state would lose if they took away Jr. hunting? Astronomical. They would fight it tooth and nail. Besides, I thought state laws superceded Federal? In some cases, it may...or may not.

There are two basic levels in the U.S legal system: federal law and state law. A federal law applies to the nation as a whole and to all 50 states whereas state laws are only in effect within that particular state.

If a state law gives people more rights than a federal law, the state law is legally supposed to prevail. This means state law will always supersede federal law when the person in question stands to gain more from the state law.

The law that applies to situations where state and federal laws disagree is called the supremacy clause, which is part of article VI of the Constitution. The supremacy clause contains what’s known as the doctrine of pre-emption, which says that the federal government wins in the case of conflicting legislation. Basically, if a federal and state law contradict, then when you’re in the state you can follow the state law, but the feds can decide to stop you. When there is a conflict between a state law and federal law, it is the federal law that prevails.

So the state could still allow minors to hunt, but a Federal agent could come in and stop you if that ever did happen. Like BLM, USFS, USFW, DOI, ATF, etc.