fatfootdoc

what type of tires do you guys run?

I am getting rid of the good old stock tires (FINALLY ) of my 05 cummins, The hunting trips and fishing trips to the black have stripped all the rubber off of the sidewalls and the nylon is showing through :blink: I am getting a leveling kit put on and new shocks, will probably go with the Big O xt's as I have them on my Green 76 Ford and they are awesome. Just wondering what you guys are running and how they hold up for you. I have run BFG AT and MT and the MT were by far the best out of those 2, the big o XT are 10 ply so they hold up real well and the new BFG AT XO or KO (I cant remember those two letters) can be ordered in 10 ply as well. I have not really run anything else so interested in your opinions. I dont think anyone holds a candle to the big o warranty though, so that is why the Big O xt's are going on my Dodge. AG

i have the new bfg ko m/t on my truck, never had a problem , im a loyal bfg customer, discount tire has a road hazard plan they will replace any tire if it cant be pluged very good plan my .02

I ahve always had good luck with BFG AT's. Great wear and performance. FYI, they were on a '02 Super Duty diesel. Just look at the number of them on the trucks out on the road. They aren't that popular by mistake. That being said. I am very impressed with the Big O XT's. The warranty is amazing and the tires look like they could give the BFG's a run for the $$$$. The only reason I went with BFG's again when I was shopping was because BIG O didn't have the XT's in 37's.

BFG is very proud of their tires, just look at the price tag.

I am still running the 10ply Michelins AS stockers on my Dodge. As long as I keep getting free ones about every 6 months I will go with these.

You never stated what size you were looking at?

Eventually I will go with 285's in either a Toyo or Michelin tire. I might also look at Big O.

Big O's warranty is great but I have not been happy with the wear.

Had the XT's first and only got about 25000 out of them.

I went with the AT the last time to get better wear but at about 25000

they are looking a pretty thin.

My$.02

Mike

I've been running the BFG ATs on all my trucks for years. I'm on my 2nd set on my '98 4x4 Dodge 1/2-ton Quadcab, which has 76K miles on it. Although the tires still have a few thousand miles of tread wear remaining, I need to replace them soon because of dry rot! -TONY

I put a set of Toyo open country mud terrrains on my Duramax a couple months ago and I think they are some of the best tires I have owned. They are ten ply and they have been wearing very well so far. I have tried them in the mud and they kick#&$. With the AC running, I can't even hear them while driving. I will be towing my fifth wheel this weekend and that will be the final test. I have owned about every other tire available, and I think the Toyos win hands down. David

I have tried many different types of ats. BFG are by far the best in durability and reliability. I can even get a different brand at dealers cost and I still go with BFG.

Bob

I put a set of Toyo open country mud terrrains on my Duramax a couple months ago and I think they are some of the best tires I have owned. They are ten ply and they have been wearing very well so far. I have tried them in the mud and they kick#&$. With the AC running, I can't even hear them while driving. I will be towing my fifth wheel this weekend and that will be the final test. I have owned about every other tire available, and I think the Toyos win hands down. David

I second this i also have these tires and they are some of the best tires i have ever owned

I second this i also have these tires and they are some of the best tires i have ever owned

I also have these tires on my other truck and they seem to be doing pretty good as well. I have got 25,000 on them

so far.

i really like bfg at's. on my old truck, i got over 70,000 miles from 2 different sets. i do run em until i can see the air, but i also never had a flat on either set. had a set of goodyear durawalls between those to sets and got over 50,000 outta them, but they didn't last as long as the bfg's. with a big heavy cummins, make sure you get th 10 ply tires. "E" rating is 10 ply. the D's will work, but you will have more flats. Lark.

I have mt/r's on my HD nad really like them. The key to having them last is to rotate them every 5000 miles and you will get a lot more mileage out of them. I've had Bfg A/t and in the mud they seem to slick up and stay that way. I've never had that trouble with the mt/r's.

I just bought a set of Hankooks, I have used them before, they wear great and my particular size is $100 per tire cheaper than BFG's.

Carful with those Hankooks, I have been threw 10 tires in the past 4 years with my F350, and all were hankook FR04s I think. They don't hold up very well. Lots of punctures, seams spliting and they seem to be more prone to cupping! I will not be buying a nother set of those. I put Terra Dune Grapplers on my 04 Dodge Ram and they have been doing great. I put about 200 miles on them a day on and off road. They handle well in the mud so far and as much driving I do in the fields and washboard roads, they are great! 285-R70 run about 220 a peace!

I had 3 flats in Utah a coupl of weeks ago. Soon as I got home I went to a smaller rim(had 20's) on my 06 ram. I bought 17's with Good Year Silent Armor there 9 ply on top and 6 ply on sidewalls. I had them on my chevy, never had a flat in 2 years. I have had them on san carlos, utah in the shale, and all around Roosevelt, never a problem.