DesertBull

12A East Early Hunt

Great buck. I know how you felt. I had the west side tag last year and they would get in that deadfall and you would never think they could hide in it. And the next thing you know it comes alive with deer moving. We found beds under logs that were suspended on top of other logs that you would never be able to see a deer in. Great job sticking with it.

Congrats on a great looking buck! Thanks for the write-up and pics.

• Like 1

Funny story - One morning, pitch dark, i am parked at the end of a two track miles from no where. I see head lights coming but they didnt look like truck lights. There are several different roads they could take so i did not pay them any attention. I turned on my lights hoping they would see i was here.

Im getting my pack out of the back seat and they pull up right behind me and roll down the window and say hi!

It was a car full of japanese tourist looking for a spot to photograph the sunrise. The driver says, "What you hunt"? I said, "deer". Then he replied, "How many you get"?

That is when i SHOULD have answered, "You go now. You be here too long".

Great buck and great story. In 2011 I was on the east side game trail during the late hunt and was about 7 miles in off the highway. I met up with a Japanese girl driving a car alone looking for the canyon. The gps in her rental car directed her this way. I turned her around to the highway. Lol.

Way to go man! Congratulations on a super buck. Loved the pics and story, and cracked up at the funny story. Good job all the way around.

Congratulations Jeff. Ed F

Thanks Ed. Did you ever find your Caribou rack? Congrats on escaping California. Did your dog running friend, sorry I forgot his name, leave too since they outlawed hound hunting?

Great looking ol buck, a bruiser.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the nice complements. My son has enough points to draw next year so hopefully we go back next October.