Huntmoore

22N December Bull?

I was there today and found a small herd of cows with 2 5x5's and a spike. all in the bottom of a canyon by water. withing 1 mile of the road, just walk a little further than the next guy and you will fin them.

• Like 2

Any updates from this week's hunt so far? I was up this past weekend and saw a few spikes, a raghorn, and a ton of people. Hope we have good weather for next week!!

My sons went 1 for 2, my oldest only had Fri-Sun morning to hunt because of college. He shot a 4x4 at noon on Sat which took the rest of the day to tend to.

My youngest missed a spike yesterday morning, then the weather came in and the afternoon was a no go...this morning we woke up to 4 inches of snow with little visibility.... not a good day to take a 13 year old (who doesn't have the best cold weather cloths) walking in the snow, we couldn't glass much at all- maybe 100 yds..... we packed up and came home at noon.... he needs to get back to school...

We saw bulls everyday, opening day had a nice 6x6 but the wind changed or he heard us setting up and began to run.

great hunt with my boys....

• Like 1

Congrats redman. Im out hunting now. I havent seen anything yet. Heard shots but nothing for me to shoot at yet unfortunately

My sons went 1 for 2, my oldest only had Fri-Sun morning to hunt because of college. He shot a 4x4 at noon on Sat which took the rest of the day to tend to.

My youngest missed a spike yesterday morning, then the weather came in and the afternoon was a no go...this morning we woke up to 4 inches of snow with little visibility.... not a good day to take a 13 year old (who doesn't have the best cold weather cloths) walking in the snow, we couldn't glass much at all- maybe 100 yds..... we packed up and came home at noon.... he needs to get back to school...

We saw bulls everyday, opening day had a nice 6x6 but the wind changed or he heard us setting up and began to run.

great hunt with my boys....

Congrats to you and your son! Sounds like a fun time.

Two spikes from last Wednesday and Thursday. We saw 12 spikes and a small 3x3 in 3 days.

post-2199-0-91072300-1480988916_thumb.jpg

post-2199-0-91960600-1480988931_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Congrats to you and your daughter. nothing like filling the freezer!

• Like 2

Congratulations to you both! It was a hard hunt there. I was there that week and my tag is still in my pocket. Congrats nice bulls!!

They were actually a couple longtime friends father and son, Jake would make an ugly girl . I hunt 22N a lot and we usually see bigger bulls, these two will eat really well. Jake's first bull and Chris kept his streak alive of filling all his elk tags in Az on a last day, late afternoon bull so he was happy. Thank you for the kind words.

• Like 2