Jake J

Long Range Get Together

I would have been there for sure with my 6.5, 338 and 7mm, but since it's during the same time as the HAM hunt I can't make it:(

I am with Big Browns sorry guys. Plus we are doing Disneyworld and the week after that its our anniversary all in that month. To much going on!! If I decide to make it out there it will be last second but I won't throw a monkey wrench in and disrupt your shoot out, Ill just watch for fun. Unless you have someone drop out. But don't plan on me, if I make it great!

You would not be throwing a monkey wrench in at all. If you like to shoot, send some out there!

I put in to have that weekend off !

I will bring a cooler with some water and soda and gatorade so people can have something to drink cant wait if they want

• Like 1

I am going to bring a buddy and he is going to try his 3006 at 600 and maybe a little farther. It doesn't have a scope with turrets so he holds over on the bdc hash marks. He will probably switch to my gun to shoot longer.

Guess I will bring my 6.5 SLR and .300RUM and see how it goes. Unless it is crazy windy, the 6.5 SLR will probably get the nod.

I will post the exact location where to meet next Monday or so. Both spots in mind are West of Pleasant with the access going to be by that far West public ramp access point. Instead of going right, you make that left toward the Bradshaw's at the dead end. I will be in a black Jeep Cherokee with conservation plates that read HUNT23S, or in a lifted gray TJ. Try to be by that intersection that I mentioned earlier in the post by shooting light. I will post road numbers/names in better detail Monday. Most likely that intersection is where we will all meet. We are going to shoot the small calibers(.30cal and down) on Saturday, and the .338's and up on Sunday. I am shooting my .338 on Saturday however because it is the only long range gun I care to shoot. If we do a little buy in on Saturday the .338's or larger will not be in the money.

Tac you are the only one on here bringing a .338 so you can shoot with us Sunday, or as you mentioned bring your 6.5 Saturday or both, your welcome to both. Should be alot of fun, a couple of us will start setting up earlier in the week, if anyone wants to join you are more than welcome.

28 Nosler is reasy to rock, but I think in pig hunting with my best friend whom I'm rarely in the woods with. I'll be there though if I can!

Absolutely. Anybody can bring any rifle they want on either day. Most of the targets are going to be over that 800yrd mark and their was some thought that it might not be fair to compete the smaller calibers (.30 and down) against .338's. This was not my idea, so if you want we can have all rifles together with no classes. However I do get the point of classes when their is money involved. Don't compare any .30 caliber or down to a .338 pushing 300gr bullets in that 3000fps range with B.C's of .8 and higher(Granted you have a long range load developed and an accurate rifle). No more than would I compare a .338 to a properly set up .375 Gibbs pushing a 400 and some grain bullet at similar speeds mentioned above with a higher B.C than that of .33 cal bullets. But whatever you guys want to do, I am just looking forward to getting out there and shooting.

And I'm not smashing on .30 Calibers. I know of a 300 rum that's coming that is pushing the 230 Bergers, at 2995fps, with with pretty much single digit e.s. And if you plug those numbers in compared the .338 numbers I have, the elevation solution is pretty close out to 1250 ish. The energy is a different story though. I am just a .338 fanatic, but he says he is going to shoot the pants off the Edge ha. So if anyone wants to bring a rifle on Sunday that you feel can compete with .338 class long range guns, bring them.

Sounds like fun. I ordered a new rail for my 6.5 so I should be able to adjust the longer ranges. I'll bring both rifles out and see if I have any skills. This sounds like fun and should be a great time and learning experience.