Sign in to follow this  
goinhuntn

Ruger Precision Rifle vs Savage BA 110 stealth

Just wondering what anyone thinks which is the better choice of the two? Looking at getting one in a 308. I have researched them both & like them both.

I am leaning toward the Ruger, but they are hard to find right now. I like that the Savage has a 300 win mag available in this model, but the Ruger doesn't that is why I was looking at 308. Any thoughts appreciated. This will not be used for hunting, it will be used for target shooting only. I know I could build a custom rig, but these are

priced pretty reasonable & supposed to good out of the box. Just want some opinions from somebody that has shot one or both.

I have the Ruger Precision in 6.5 creedmoor. It's Amazing!!!! Super accurate! I like the looks of the Ruger Precision better than the Savage.

• Like 1

Savage makes a better barrel and therefore a better rifle. I

You should have said something a couple days ago buddy just sold a Ruger precision 308 yesterday with dies and ammo for $900

• Like 1

You should have said something a couple days ago buddy just sold a Ruger precision 308 yesterday with dies and ammo for $900

Man that would of been a great deal!! Just my luck day late & dollar short.

I checked out the Savage in .338 Lapua the other day and was really surprised at how light it felt. I expected it to feel much heavier. Having shot .15" groups out of my factory Savage Model 10, I can vouch for the quality and accuracy of the Savage Rifles. That is the direction I would go. With that said, I have read a TON of good reviews on the Ruger.

If your in Queen Creek your welcome to come look or shoot my Ruger Precision.

• Like 1

Yah huh no kidding. I'd have to sell much more than blood.

My cousin has the 110 in 338, it's a beast for sure. I wouldn't be caught walking around with in the forest far from the truck. Very nice gun for the price, Lance has been helping us work up a load on it with a 300SMK, currently at 1/2 MOA on a hand load.