Sign in to follow this  
BigWaveDave

How close to buildings

So the question I have is mainly concerning bowhunting near things like Forest Service buildings. I see signs that say no shooting withing 1/4 mile, but if you read it in spanish it says no discharge of firearms. Just curious if there was another rule regarding archery.

Thanks

My friend lives in a remote subdivision and asked 1 G$F guy about archery hunting on his land. He said "it may be legal but what would your neighbor think if a deer or pig dies in their yard". I'm sure we'll hear some different answers here.

Guest oneshot

1/4mile from occupied building, sometimes FS lands have other restrictions... 1/4mile from paved roads, etc...

1/4mile from occupied building, sometimes FS lands have other restrictions... 1/4mile from paved roads, etc...

I have never heard of a 1/4 mile from a paved road?
  • Like 1

My friend lives in a remote subdivision and asked 1 G$F guy about archery hunting on his land. He said "it may be legal but what would your neighbor think if a deer or pig dies in their yard". I'm sure we'll hear some different answers here.

I understand that for sure. It's not a residence, but sometimes you don't know where game are going to go.

Thank you for your input

The F&G book also says that any building may be presumed occupied. The FS only has the 1/4 mile restriction posted. Definitely further than a 1/4 mile from a paved road. Thanks OS, you've been more than helpful to me in the past

The 1/4 mile does not apply to bow hunting, come on guys!

😝

1/4 mile does apply to bowhunting. This was changed a coupe years back to curb guys shooting deer and javelina near people's backyards. I have never heard of 1/4 mile from a paved road, I assume that must be an area specific rule?

1/4 mile does apply to bowhunting. This was changed a coupe years back to curb guys shooting deer and javelina near people's backyards. I have never heard of 1/4 mile from a paved road, I assume that must be an area specific rule?

Really???? Wow that's crazy!!! I'm not perfect by any means, that's actually good news, I need to reread the regs

I have heard the 1/4 mile away from paved roads in a metro unit. Need to look it up

They made it unit specific i believe. Basically, if people complain about bow hunters being to close to their homes, the next year, game and fish seems to add a note making it illegal to hunt within a 1/4 mile. I had back to back Antelope hunts in 19a a few years back. The first year, you were allowed to hunt near houses, the next year, they did away with it. It is really unfortunate that you have to read every little note regarding a particular hunt to see if it is legal or not. I say ban it for the whole state, or allow it. Making each unit have it's own rules is confusing to say the least.

The G&F made 11m illegal to shoot a bow within a 1/4 mile of a building which makes about 99% of 11m illegal to hunt in. This doesn't stop them from selling 160 elk tags though

• Like 3

Ok I just did some looking, the only thing I found in the regs

There is nothing else in the 2016-2017 Hunting regs. This basically bans hunting regardless of type of weapon you use within city, town or county (parks and preserves) So it would be enforced by the town, city, and county, not in the regs!?!

So for example you would need to check with the town of Payson to see if their town has restrictions on weapons to use of taking wildlife!?!

Someone else please let me know where it is published because I'm obviously missing more info????

post-2686-0-62761900-1482815449_thumb.png

I have never heard of a 1/4 mile from a paved road?

i read some crazy lady on FB saying she was reporting poachers saying you had to be 1/4 mile from the road. i had never heard of it but maybe there is a rule in some places???

Guest oneshot

1/4mile from paved roads

wait.....wut?

Hunting is closed 1/4mile from paved road/parking lot in Madeira Canyon... take note you violators...