Sign in to follow this  
BigWaveDave

How close to buildings

I would shoot an arrow within a quarter mile of a building without the least bit of guilt. Not a gun though.

20a,19a,19b and 17b all have a zone that is 1/4 mile rules for archery. Happened after someone killed a "pet" deer in one of the city parks.

• Like 1

Thanks Hardhunter! I see all the 1/4 mile restrictions now. Good to know! I'm just starting to get back into traditional archery.

1/4mile from paved roads

wait.....wut?
Hunting is closed 1/4mile from paved road/parking lot in Madeira Canyon... take note you violators...

Oneshot, I think you should set up a patrol for Madeira Canyon, sounds like this area is a sweet spot for you. I Hope you can bring this info to light for the folks around there.

I need clarification. Can I hunt within city limits as long as I'm 1/4 mile from any structure? Does g&f rules supercede the no discharging of weapons within city limits law???

• Like 2

Adam Read note #37 of the deer notes in the spring regs. City or town laws supersede AZGFD Laws for fire arm discharge.

Well I guess I had it backwards. I thought AZGF laws supersede city laws. Bummer!!!!!!!!!!!

we need to rise up and get rid of this 1/4 mile archery nonsense, before it goes statewide.

i shoot my bow in my garage, for goodness sakes.

most states in the midwest have urban hunts and urban tags (archery, of course) so you can hunt downtown, but here the Calizonans are pooping their pants at the thought of a deer steak.

it's a trend that will only get worse.

we need to get trapping back, while were at it.