Sign in to follow this  
Green Bullet

packing swaros 15s

when you guys are going backcountry hunting, are you bringing the swaro case along or are you just packing them naked? the case seems to take up like 2x the space but i'm a little concerned about breakage if they're just in one of my outer pack pockets. i'm using the kuiu 5200 FYI.

I put mine in a case. If your concerned about the added weight you can wrap them in a spare shirt or jacket.

• Like 1

I keep mine in my Kuiu bino harness either in my pack or on my chest. Typically my 10x42 are on my chest and 15x56 in my pack but sometimes I switch it up depending on conditions. I have a separate harness for each bino.

I use bino bibs. If you get Kowas you wont bave to pack binos, you can hunt from your couch! This method requires a $6k long range rifle. A smile will stretch ear to ear.

I just went to amazon and bought a cheap smaller bino case that fit better and takes up a lot less room.

You have to make sure you have room for the adapter.

Been packing 15s and 10s in for years, into some gnarly stuff to hike into. Usually requires at least 1 fall. Never had a problem, just always put the Swaros cushioned up against jacket/hat/etc.