Sign in to follow this  
CouesUnlimited

Reloading for .264

My dad shoots a .264 Win Mag. He use to have his shell reloaded but cannot find anyone willing to reload. Can anyone help me with this matter? He would like shoot 120 grain balistics. (and no, he/we do not want to reload ourselves)

Thanks, Ryan

One of your options is to get ammo from a custom ammo maker. Some of my buddies shoot this guys stuff. It is always very good but not exactly cheap.

http://www.cpcartridge.com/

I just got an old .264 model 700 and plan on ordering some from this guy as I dont want to shoot the factory 140 grainers which is all I can find in stores.

Bret M.

Ryan, you buy the brass dies powder primers bullets and such and i will do it for you and your dad.

And if he needs dies, I have a set from RCBS I'll sell him cheap. I also have a BUNCH of brass -- most of it once-fired factory loads -- but I had promised it to someone else here. If he doen't buy it, though, Ryan can at a fair price. -TONY

Have you ever heard of Gene Gilbert? He reloads out of Sunsites. He should be at the gun show at the fairgrounds on the 13th and 14th. He should have what you're looking for.

Rich

Yeah, I talked with Gene. As a matter of fact he has his own company Gene's Custom Ammo. He said he would be at the fair grounds for the gun show. The more I look into it, the more I realize how much money could save if I had my shells reloaded. I could image just how much I would save if I got all of the suff to reload myself.

Yeah, I talked with Gene. As a matter of fact he has his own company Gene's Custom Ammo. He said he would be at the fair grounds for the gun show. The more I look into it, the more I realize how much money could save if I had my shells reloaded. I could image just how much I would save if I got all of the suff to reload myself.

If you're only reloading for a hunting round, don't count on saving a lot of money. Reloading for a hunting round is done to produce the best combination of accuracy and performance out of a bullet. You can go through several different powders, and bullets, and the accessories needed to truly make the best round you can will add up quick. I got into reloading for my 30-06. I bought an inexpensive Lee classic, but I have bought 3 sets of dies, a $200.00 scale, 7 different bullet types at 20-35 dollars a box (50 rounds) and 4 different powders. Not to mention calipers, trimmers, cartrige prep tools, bullet compensators, and OAL guages. I've probably spent over $700.00 just to find the one round I want to use on deer, one species. If you don't have the passion for it, have someone else reload for you. I think you can get 50 rounds for about $250.00. But those rounds will be tuned into your rifle, and will be pretty darn good.

i shoot a .264 and could give you a recipe for some killer reloads if you can find someone to stuff em for you....nosler also makes custom ammunition in the 120 ballistic tips....pricey though!

i shoot a .264 and could give you a recipe for some killer reloads if you can find someone to stuff em for you....nosler also makes custom ammunition in the 120 ballistic tips....pricey though!

that stuff dont work! u cant make good loads, just cause that lazy SOB killed that lil ole lope dont mean nothin :D

he just got lucky and u know it!

there's a lot more to it than putting powder and bullets in a case. the advantage of reloading is getting a load that really works well in your rifle. we've used different variations of 4831 with real good success in the .264. my current preference is h4831sc hodgdon. i like 100 gr bullets, my son likes 125's. just having someone reload some ammo for you may or may not be advatagious. you really need the rifle there in order to get the overall length just right. all reloading manuals have enough info to help a guy get started. but again, to me, the most critical part is getting the overal length correct. there is big disparity in the throat length from gun to gun and especially from gun manufacturers. Lark.