AZ_SAWBUCK

12x50 Razor or Swaro 15x56 SLC

Lets beat this dead horse some more!!!!

I'm looking at different glass options for 2017. I am currently using the Vortex Viper 15x50 HD's and sometimes 10x42 Nikon Monarch's for archery hunts.

I'm going to sell the Vipers add some $$ to the fund and get either some used 15x56 Swaro SLC's or 12x50's Razors.

I'm not a big fan of spotters and I plan on keeping my Nikon 10x42 to wear around my neck sometimes (depending on the terrain and the hunt).

What would be your choice and why? Has anyone had both or compared both side by side in the field?

• Like 1

Swarovski hands down. I had the razors and they were nice but its still a mid tier glass. Step up to the top tier company and you wont look back. Otherwise you will be asking the same question next year. You can always go to the 15x56 HD's after you save up some more and the Slc's will hold their value better

• Like 3

I got the 12 vipers. I am very happy with them. I am also looking at the razors but i can not get myself to spend the funds on glass for that price tag. Not sure if i will ever get top tier glass would love to have it but my main vehicle is less than what most spend on binos. Lmao

• Like 1

AZ_SAWBUCK, I'm in same boat as you right now. Although I have my mind basically set on some Swaro 15s. Razor 12s are nice for around the neck.

What's the going rate/fair price of some used slc 15s right now (non-HD)?

I looked through a pair of 12X50 EL's about a week ago on a Coues hunt and your right they are amazing! They also cost about a grand more than I want to spend right now.

I think the (old) 15x56 SLC's have been selling in the $1,400 - $ 1,600 range depending on age of glass condition and seller?

I have the 12x50rzr's and love them but I would still go with the swaro's. As soon as I have the money will sell my rzr's to fund a pair of swaro's.

You can get the 15x56 SLC NEU for $1500 and the older (light green) for $1400. These are pretty standard to good prices.

If its a choice only between 15s Swaros or Razor 12s go with the Swaros! But look into the Cabelas Euros 15s these guys competed right there with the Swaros 15s HD (but Swaros are slighty better on the outsdie of the glass thats all I can tell from). Ive compared my Euros to my Uncle brand new Swaros and very gland I went a thousand dollars cheaper Euros for something i have a really hard time seeing the difference.

• Like 1

If you are keeping the 10's around your neck I wouldn't feel like the vortex 12's would be a big enough improvement in magnification to carry them also. If you were going to sell both sets of binos, and weren't carrying a spotter, the swaro 12's would be the way to go.

• Like 1

If its a choice only between 15s Swaros or Razor 12s go with the Swaros! But look into the Cabelas Euros 15s these guys competed right there with the Swaros 15s HD (but Swaros are slighty better on the outsdie of the glass thats all I can tell from). Ive compared my Euros to my Uncle brand new Swaros and very gland I went a thousand dollars cheaper Euros for something i have a really hard time seeing the difference.

Or this ^^^