Sign in to follow this  
Chris

2017 4x4 Chevy Diesel , what kind of mileage?

I have a 2015 Denali 2500HD Duramax, interior is about as nice as my AMG just a bit more plastic, loving this truck.

It really depends who is driving it but I get 16-18 in town and only a bit better on the highway and not doing 80 or trying to pass everyone I see. My wife drives the thing and gets about 14 but she also made the hybrid car we had get about 10mpg less than I used to get. You know it is important to accelerate when approaching a red light. :rolleyes:

I would get rid of the EPA stuff but I still have a lot left on the warranty so until then it stays pretty much stock.

We have a fleet of Chevy 3500s and also about the same amount of ram 3500s. The Chevy's we have 2 13's, 2 14's, 2 15's, and 2 16's. The 16's average a trip to the dealer every 2000 miles for fuel issues. Seriously both trucks have 12000 miles and between the two have been to the dealer 13 times for the same issues. The 14s and 15s have had several def issues and spend lots of time in limp mode. One of the 13s had a venting issue and actually sucked the fuel tank flat! Besides all this with the money we've had to put into injectors between the 8 trucks we could have paid off two new ones.

We also have 8 2016 3500 Cummings they are all up to 25000 miles and have had no problems at all. Every one of them gets about 16 in town and 18 to 21 hwy depending on how heavy your foot is.

I've been a Chevy guy my hole life but sitting on the side of the road in North Dakota in below zero temps got old pretty quickly. I bought a ram and won't be going back any time soon.

• Like 2

2015 F-250 with DPF delete, EGR Delete, Custom tunes, 700 Hp 1200 lb ft torque and still getting 18 mpg on 38's! The DPF does nothing but rob you for fuel mileage and kills your EGT's.

post-14124-0-90780300-1485794854_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Hntnguy

I am out of warranty on my 2013 250 6.7

I would appreciate some information about who did your work, cost,etc.

I'll PM you if you prefer

Hntnguy

I am out of warranty on my 2013 250 6.7

I would appreciate some information about who did your work, cost,etc.

I'll PM you if you prefer

Rowdy Racks aka Chris Rollins is a powerstroke guru. He's tuned alot of 6.7's and I've seen them getting 25-26mpg. One of the few diesel mechanics I fully trust.

They're all machines. They can all break. The new chevys and Rams are dang nice trucks.

They really are not. Especially the gas versions......

They're all machines. They can all break. The new chevys and Rams are dang nice trucks.

They really are not. Especially the gas versions......

what really are not and why

Oh the trucks. that new direct injection motor from chevy is junk. Had quite a few already that have needed a new bottom end but mainly heads are crap. I have been really amazed. All under warranty so thats good. The hemi motors seem to use a lot of oil straight from the factory. They dont seem to last long. They both make tons of power though. The new chevy frames are junk and cant handle much abuse. Diesels are all good imo. I see trucks from all three get abused daily but I am a ford biased too...

My boss has a 2016 Ford F250 diesel and likes it alot. He drove one of our other salesman 2015 Dodge Cummins mega cab and said if he had to do it over again he might have went dodge.

Another guy has a 2014 Duramax and is a die hard chevy guy. He loves it. The only problem with it so far has been a cracked radiator under warranty.