Sign in to follow this  
THE OUTDOORSMANS

New Swarovski BTX

No advantage for me. I'm legally blind in my left eye. Even so, I never had a problem using my Leica spotting scope with just one when I still had two good eyes.

Bill Quimby

This thing is awesome, and Kowa now needs a new business model. This thing has me thinking of ways to scrounge up money already.

• Like 1

What's the price on this piece?

Anybody want to buy my kidney???

you can sell a nad for $35,000 in Asia

Then I would lean...

Just put some lead shot in your opposite pocket.

• Like 2

For reals? I just got neutered, I got no use for mine. Anyone got the number for the black market? Gimme gimme gimme.

• Like 1

What the heck do they use them for? Cause if it's to help some poor sucker have kids that would be fine but if it's going to become a legit tea bag I am going to have to rethink it.

• The 95 mm objective will be a fixed 35X.

ME 1.7x magnification extender (SOLD SEPARATELY)

• This magnifier fits between the ocular and objective modules of the BTX/ATX/STX series. It increases the 30X magnification of the 65 mm and 85 mm objective modules to 50X and the 35X magnification of the 95 mm objective modules to 60X.

So, This is just a 2X (doubles) to add on? I wonder if this will cut down the light (like a camera lense)?

Arrowsniper thanks for putting this thread back on track, it was headed in a dubious direction and i didn't want to see it completely derailed. I think a lot of us can't wait to see this on the market and get some reports.

Binoviewers have been around a long time. Till now, primarily utilized by astronomers. No doubt, Swarovski will produce a robust unit suitable

for use by the outdoor crowd. Swarovski's decision to produce the BTX is a breakthrough. The purpose of my post is to make potential users

aware that a binocular eyepiece reduces light transmission of a given objective size to 50% for each eye. Additional light transmission

is lost "splitting the image". This issue is hotly debated among astronomers. The astro folks agree that due to what they call

binocular amplification, the brain will see approximately 70% image brightness of a single eyepiece.

I did some calculations based on the 70% value stated by the astronomy crowd. A 95mm BTX rig should be the equivalent of a 78mm true binocular.

At 35X and Swaro quality, it ought to be amazing. I believe the 1.7X Barlow could be an issue in low light. Did not do the calcs for the 65mm or the 85mm.

Doubt the 65mm is a candidate for low light work with the BTX eyepiece. IMO, Swaro hit a homer but the larger objectives (85/95) will be necessary to fully

take advantage of the BTX eyepiece.

• Like 2