Sign in to follow this  
GJMauro12

Coyote on block wall

I always knew coyotes didn't have a problem with getting over a block walk in a residential area but I've never actually seen it happen. Pretty amazing how little effort it took him to jump right to the top. He just sat there as I drove by like he was looking to see which yard would pay off with an easy meal at 8 am.

post-4673-0-09880000-1493316405_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I just encountered a coyote in the drainage area by 59thAve/Thunderbird this morning. He was 40 ft. from me and never even looked at me or flinched when I yelled and clapped my hands at him. Cool pic!!!

This one was 27th and union hills by ampm going into the trailer park and seemed pretty carefree. I know there's lots of rabbits in that park and little dogs.

I am up in the general vicinity, and there is a huge pack that resides in Skunk Creek. I have seen 18 at a time before, but usually in smaller packs of 3-5 roaming the neighborhoods.

This one was 27th and union hills by ampm going into the trailer park and seemed pretty carefree. I know there's lots of rabbits in that park and little dogs.

There were little dogs......

There's one that roams in my neighborhood and is pretty efficient. Have seen him numerous times walking down the street with another house cat in its mouth.

Then I see the flyers on the mailbox about a missing cat. I don't have the heart to write "she was coyote food yesterday" on the flyer! :)

• Like 3

Dang yote scaled my block wall with a 30 lbs turkey in its mouth and only dropped one feather. Bad butt little turds.

Subsonic .22s.

Back to the .22 Short again? That thing is proving very useful this week. The old .22 bolt gun I have has a .27 inch barrel. If you put a short in it you don't hear much. However, you half expect the bullet to fall to the ground not to far from the muzzle, kind of like a cork gun.

I saw a coyote mid-day jump a 4 and a half foot wall hunting for food last year, and had heard stories about a 6 foot wall, but was wondering b/c I hadn't heard or seen it. Interesting to see this.